Job location: Kampala
SafeBoda Jobs: We are looking for an IT Assistant Intern to join the Operations team to support with the logistics of driver onboarding, specifically focusing on driver Tech readiness. For many drivers, this will be the first time they have ever used a smartphone and the role is a great opportunity to educate, excite and support hundreds of new users.
Who we are
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a Ugandan-based startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. SafeBoda is growing fast with our mobile app on Android and iOS in terms of completed rides in Kampala, Uganda.
The Operations team are at the heart of SafeBoda and are responsible for ensuring SafeBoda rapidly grows its driver community to improve boda transportation in Kampala forever.
● Ensuring new app drivers are equipped with the necessary tech to use the SafeBoda mobile application (e.g. email set up, phone set up etc)
● Educating new app drivers to use smartphones and how to independently troubleshoot
● Troubleshooting app and phone issues of existing app drivers. We currently have more than 500 drivers using the app.
● Identifying process improvements and efficiencies to the driver tech readiness process
● Supporting with ad-hoc related IT tasks during the driver onboarding process and across other activities in the Operations team
What we are looking for
● Tech passion and savviness – in depth experience of using different smartphone technologies and various mobile applications. Confident in independently learning about new technologies and excited about teaching others.
● Experience using professional tools such as Excel and Gmail.
● Exhibit the ability to keep calm, navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks and think independently.We are adding a significant number of riders onto our mobile app on a weekly basis, the majority of whom will have little tech experience
● Ability to find creative solutions to cultural and technological challenges
● Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work with boda-boda riders.
● Undergraduate degree with demonstrated strong academic performance.
● Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation in Africa.
Deadline: 18th November 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted