Job Title: 2 Library Assistants
Job Code: 00212018
Department: University Library
Pay Rate: CU9
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Human Resource & Administration
UCU Uganda Jobs: Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
- Supervise open access section including circulation of library materials.
- Shelving of information materials (books).
- Charging & discharging of library information resources.
- Supervise reserve books and other information resources.
- Checking all out-going books and other information materials.
- Ensure the Cleaning of shelves and other furniture.
- Ensure the safety of library materials.
- Assist in the technical work (cataloguing& classification and other book processing related work).
- Assist in the repair of library information materials.
- Assist in entering data into the library Database, retrieval of data and registration of new users.
- Guiding users on how to access e- resources and the quick reference service.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
A Diploma in Library and Information Science/Archives and Records Management.
Relevant experience not required.
Strong customer focus.
Must be computer literate in at least two library software packages.
- Should have high degree of integrity.
- Must have customer care attributes.
- Must be willing to work for long hours.
Should be a mature and committed Christian.
- Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references
- Two (2) copies of certified academic and professional certificates and transcripts
- All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono
Deadline: Friday, 30th November 2018 by 5:00pm