Job Summary: 4 Assistant Settlement Commandants – OPM Uganda Jobs 2019
Age: 23 -45 Years
Duration: 6 Months renewable
Reports To: Settlement Commandant
Duty Station: Adjumani
About the Project:
OPM Uganda Jobs 2019: Applications are invited from qualified Ugandan Nationals to fill the under listed vacant positions available at Arua Refugee Desk, Adjumani Refugee Desk, Hoima Refugee Desk, Mbarara Refugee Desk and Kampala Refugees Department Head Office.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist the Settlement Commandant in managing a refugee settlement
- Focal Officer for Refugee Welfare Councils (RWCs) and RWC’s activities in the settlement
- Focal Officer for Environment activities, WASH Sector activities, Health, Education, Sexual Gender Based Violence.
- Responsible in assisting the Settlement Commandant in settling refugees through land allocation
- Liaise with Security Agencies for the safety of refugees
- Responsible for issuance of movement permits
- Handle any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
Applicants should be a holder of an honours degree in Social Work and Social Administration or Bachelors of Social Sciences or Bachelors of Development Studies or BA Education or Bachelor of Community Psychology from a recognised University. A postgraduate diploma is an added advantage.
How to apply
Handwritten application letters should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary Office of the Prime Minister,
P.O. Box 341, KAMPALA.
All application letters should include personal contact addresses e.g. phone contacts, e-mail addresses, and a recent passport photograph of the applicant and indicate three referees. The applicant should be a person of high moral character and integrity, willing to work in remote rural settlements.
All applicants must quote the Reference Number of the post advertised, indicate the reference number on the top left-hand side corner of the application letter’s envelop, seal it and submit their application letters to;
The Human Resource Office,
Open Registry 3 Floor,
Office of the Prime Minister.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 31st May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
NOTE: In any correspondence on this subject, please quote No: ADM/24/01