URA Jobs 2019 – 90 Diploma TREP Officers
Job Title: 90 TREP Officers – URA Jobs 2019
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Reports: Field Officer
Duration: Contract (One year)
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Tax Payer Registration Expansion Program (TREP) Profile:
URA Jobs 2019: Tax Payer Registration Expansion Program (TREP) was introduced to implement the register expansion activities while working closely with Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB), Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), Ministry of Local Government and selected Municipalities to discover and register new taxpayers.
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) is now looking for competent, agile, resilient, innovative and positive-minded persons, proven integrity, problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills and abilities to handle multiple tasks and work in teams to seize the opportunities of TREP Officers in the various locations as listed below;
Municipality & Number of positions
- Lira (4)
- Gulu (4)
- Kitgum (2)
- Arua (2)
- Koboko (2)
- Lugazi (2)
- Jinja (4)
- Kamuli (2)
- Iganga (2)
- Tororo (2)
- Busia (2)
- Mbale (4)
- Kumi (2)
- Soroti (2)
- Moroto (2)
- Masindi (2)
- Hoima (2)
- Fort Portal (2)
- Mbarara (4)
- Ishaka (2)
- Rukungiri (2)
- Ntungamo (2)
- Kabale (2)
- Kisoro (2)
- Namugongo (4)
- Masaka (4)
- Entebbe A (2)
- Nansana (2)
- Mukono (4)
- Massajja (2)
- Mityana (2)
- Rubaga (2)
- Makindye (2)
- Nakawa (2)
- Kawempe (2)
NOTE: Candidates should not apply for more than 2 jurisdictions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must at least hold a diploma in business, law and any other relevant discipline.
- The applicant must have attained a minimum of credit in Maths and English at O’ level.
- Must be able to speak English and a local language in the area being applied for.
- Knowledge in Swahili
- At least two (2) years of experience in carrying out fieldwork while interfacing with members of the public
- Knowledge of Domestic tax laws
- Highly Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and conceptual skills
- Customer Focus and sensitivity to high quality services
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams from diverse Business areas
- Exceptional Integrity and with potential to Lead
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, innovative and works with minimum supervision
- Able to keep abreast with all emerging business trends and demands
- Age: Not more than 30 years old
How To Apply:
Visit URA website: https//ura.go.ug and follow the link “CAREERS >TREP Officers” to view detailed job descriptions of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies as well as apply for the above jobs.
The deadline for submission of all applications Saturday 26th October 2019 at exactly 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- The maximum age limit is 30
- Applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Diploma, Certificates, O’level,
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) is allowed.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be published on the URA website.
- This recruitment is on a Short Term basis for a period of One (1) year.
- Applicants are advised to select the Municipality of their choice.
- For details, refer to the attached Job Descriptions.
“URA is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge money for recruitment”
For inquiries or support, please contact our recruitment team on the following telephone numbers: 0323442233/ 0323443642/ 0323443644/ 0323443645.