Job Title: Chemonics Internship Program 2019
Closing date: Friday 19th January 2017.
Organisation: Chemonics International
Chemonics International is implementing the Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity (YLA), which aims to increase economic opportunities for 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 years in agriculture-related ﬁelds and improve their skills development (entrepreneurship, employability, leadership and life skills). YLA’s approach is partner-driven, leveraging private and public sector actors, vocational training providers, NGOs, youth groups, local government entities, and community associations to reach youth
In partnership with Restless Development
Chemonics Internship Program 2019:
YLA is implementing an internship program targeting 20 young graduates aged 19-25 years. The program will equip graduates with workplace readiness skills and practical work experience necessary for them to flourish in a competitive job market. The interns will be placed with YLA private sector partners located in the Activity’s three regions of operation i.e. Central, Northern and Eastern Uganda. The program will equip graduates with workplace skills and practical work experience necessary for them to flourish in a competitive job market.
- While no professional experience is required, typical candidates will demonstrate the following attributes and will need to commit to the full 5-month internship period:
- Languages: Fluency in English and ideally one other local language
- Education: Degree/Diploma or equivalent from an institution of higher education
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong work ethic and commitment
- Demonstrable leadership experience and/or potential
- Entrepreneurial and open to new challenges
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a non-hierarchical
- Environment team player with demonstrable self-initiative and drive, open to learning.
- Proficiency: Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office or a similar computer package.
The interns will take practice with the following teams within YLA:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Private Sector
- Accounting and Finance
For detailed information about eligibility and descriptions of the roles;
How to apply:
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: By midnight on Thursday 7th November 2019.