Job Title: 2 Data Clerks – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2020
Organisation: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Uganda
Starting gross salary: UGX 1,260,000
Action Against Hunger Profile:
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 6,500 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 14.9 million people in 2015.
About the Programme
Action Against Hunger began its work in Uganda since 1980 in response to famine conditions in the Karamoja Region where we saved the lives of undernourished children while building the capacities of the community. We have been continuously operating in Uganda for the last 22 years delivering interventions in nutrition, WASH and Food Security and Livelihoods. For the last three years and with the same aim of saving lives and empowering the community, we have been working in the Northern part of Uganda to save lives of refugees and host communities while providing long term solutions to hunger. We are currently operating in and around Bidibidi, Kyangwali, Adjumani and Kyriandongo refugee settlements. Some of the major donors we have worked with include but not omitted to, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, WFP, UNICEF, EUTF and French Embassy, Church of Sweden.
The Data Clerk will oversee monitoring and evaluation activities under WFP grant. You will contribute to ending world hunger by supporting data collection in line with donor requirements and Action Against Hunger programme strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- On a daily basis enter nutritional data and beneficiary lists in to the databases
- Troubleshoot, clean and validate data before entry into the database. The database is to be updated with data in a timely manner and keep the immediate supervisor updated
- Process and validate source documents by reviewing data for completeness and accuracy; resolving inconsistencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the program team and M&E Officer.
- Secure information by completing database backups in one central location with the M&E Officer
- File and archive questionnaire in hard/paper copy and computer electronic copy of data collected
- Code beneficiary names and lists appropriately
- Keep minutes of the program meetings and regular reports
- Classify field office files for onward submission for archives
- Submit a monthly report to a supervisor in a timely manner
- Uphold quality checks at all times to eliminate errors in data captured and shared
- Maintain confidentiality of all data in his/her custody
- Focus attention to detail and pose queries to / inform field teams of areas that need improvement for immediate correction
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender,
- sex orientation, disability, religion, race, colour, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- The position will be a budget holder of program-related costs, manage the Budget Follow Up regarding project implementation with the support of the Field Coordinators for both programme and support functions of the project under implementation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high-security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have at least Diploma in statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Secretarial Studies, Records Management or related disciplines.
- At least 1+ years of experience in supporting research, data collection, data entry or nutrition project implementation in a busy organization/ humanitarian setting
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent attention to detail; flexibility and teamwork
- Extremely organized and rigour
- Can work independently;
- Able to meet strict deadlines;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications, particularly MS Word, MS Excel and Access.
- Proficiency in NACs/ ENA, a strong advantage computer-related skills, including typing, scanning, e-mailing, file uploading, file management;
- Additional knowledge of computer software (word, outlook, excel, powerpoint, ODK, KOBO Toolbox) and statistical packages (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS, EPI DATA).
What we offer
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance for you and your dependents
- Resettlement allowance (One-off payment)
- Hardship allowance (Context-Based )
- Starting gross salary UGX 1,260,000
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- 13th-month pay
- Group Personal Accident
- Training opportunities
How to Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2020 – 2 Diploma Data Clerks:
All Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to the following email addresses
Please copy: email@example.com
Deadline: 6th December 2019.