Job Title: 25 Data Assistants – IntraHealth Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: IntraHealth International Uganda
IntraHealth International Uganda Profile:
IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. that has been in existence for over 30 years in more than 100 countries and it has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships. In collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, and private- sector organizations around the world, IntraHealth champions the needs and contributions of health workers—from doctors and nurses to community health workers to health facility managers—and works to ensure they have the tools, supplies, information, training, and support they need to provide communities they serve with the best possible opportunity for health and well-being.
USAID RHITES-E Project Profile:
IntraHealth International will implement the USAID RHITES-E which supports the Government of Uganda (GOU) and key stakeholders to increase availability and utilization of high-quality health services in 25 districts in Eastern Uganda and 2 in Karamoja by strengthening health systems and improving the quality of, access to, and demand for health services with attention to equity and underserved populations.
The Data Assistant will assist in the implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Data Assistant will promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery by ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, valid data to inform on quality improvement and reporting.
- S/he will work closely with the health Information Assistant and respective unit in-charges to compile weekly, monthly and quarterly facility HMIS and PEPFAR report.
- Perform data entry to Uganda EMR. DH1S2. and RHITES-E Information Management system.
- The incumbent will analyze and present performance data for key program indicators to inform decision making at the facility level and participate in data cleaning and DQA activities.
- The ideal candidate for the USAID RHITES-E Project Data Assistant job placement must hold a diploma in Statistics. Records Management from a reputable institute
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of experience in handling, collecting, coding, and managing numerical data
- Good computer literacy, especially, but not limited to Ms-Word. Excel. MS Access. Internet web technology. as the incumbent will be involved in data entry into database systems
- Additional training in information technology, database and records management is an added advantage
- Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
- Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems (like Opens MRS Uganda EMR. DH1S2. and Track) is an added advantage
- Hands-on knowledge and skills in data entry preferably in an HIV/AIDS, Family Health or a research-oriented organization
- Good verbal communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to work and travel in rural settings of Eastern and North-Eastern Uganda
- Good data analysis skills using SPSS, STATA, or Epi-Info is an added advantage
How To Apply For IntraHealth Uganda Jobs 2020 – 25 Diploma Data Assistants:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES-E Project should submit their application letters, updated CVs addressed to the Human Resource Manager via E-mail to:
Deadline: 11th March 2020