Job Title: 1961 Issuance Assistants – NIRA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Each Sub-county, Uganda
National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Profile:
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonize and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for the registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters
The Issuance Assistant will support The Authority in the exercise of issuing out all unissued National ID cards for Ugandans who registered but have not yet picked their ID cards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Issue National ID Cards to registered citizens following due process;
- Detect errors on NID Cards and follow due process to submit them for correction;
- Record Cards issued and submit the statistics/reports on a defy basis;
- Ensure safe custody of unissued cards and issuance equipment
- The applicant must hold a Diploma from a recognized restitution higher learning
- Prior experience in a similar exercise particularly operating registration and /or issuance equipment;
- IT literacy /Computer skills
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Must be a resident in the Sub-county in which one is applying to work.
- An active bank account. Tax Identification Number (TIN) and registered Mobile Number are a MUST.
- Possession of a National ID is a MUST.
How to Apply for NIRA Uganda Jobs 2020 – 1961 Diploma Assistants:
Application, CV and support documents should be addressed and delivered to the District Registration Officer of the respective NIRA District/Division Offices across the country during official working hours and should indicate the sub-county where they are applying to work.
Deadline: Friday 27th March 2020