Job Title: 10 Interns – RSCE Entebbe Jobs 2020
Department: Archives and Records Managements
Duration: 3 months
Organization: United Nations Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Regional Service Centre Steering Committee Profile:
The Regional Service Centre Steering Committee is the decision-making body for RSCE, in compliance with General Assembly resolutions, United Nations Secretariat rules and regulations, strategic guidance from United Nations Headquarters and oversight bodies. The Steering Committee consults with the Global Field Support Strategy Implementation Coordination Team, as required.
UN Internship Program Profile:
The internship program is in the Regional Service Centre Entebbe (RSCE) Archives and Records Management Unit (ARMU). The internship is for an initial period of three (3) months extendable to up to six (6) months according to the needs of the Unit and the performance of the intern. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week under the supervision of a staff member in the Unit to which they are assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Archives and Records Management interns may be required to perform the following duties:
- Assist in conducting records inventory and undertaking records surveys.
- Assist in the management of electronic and paper-based information management systems.
- Assist in filing and retrieval of records in the registry as well transfer of records to the archives.
- Assist in performing digitization functions, including scanning, creating digital objects and postings to designated repositories.
- Assist in championing the greening initiative through paperless working.
- Assist in the management of the changeover from paper to electronic records management systems.
- Assist in supporting the maintenance and development of electronic and manual tools used for the records keeping.
- Assist in document collection and delivery services between RSCE pillars and the ARMU.
- Provide administrative support for the unit.
- Perform any other duties as required.