Job Title: Programme and M&E Assistant – ASF Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator of Programmes and Knowledge Manager
Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF) Uganda Profile:
Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF) is a development aid non-governmental organization whose work focuses on giving access to justice and protecting the fundamental rights of all people with a focus on most marginalized groups.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of Programmes and the Knowledge Manager, the Programme Assistant (PA) will assist with programming, operational support and monitoring & evaluation for Uganda programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Support to programming
- Taking part in the internal processes relevant for projects and programme management
- Assisting with production of timely and compliant internal reporting as per the annual and quarterly reports and donor reports, as well as monitoring and evaluation
- Supporting the Knowledge Manager with trainings and capacity building sessions with partners to strengthen reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes
- Contributing to maintenance and development of activities and to the development of relevant information systems to improve institutional memory and learning
- Supporting in monitoring of the data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data from the database
- Compiling indicators for each project and regularly updating the indicator scoresheet
- Supporting with logistics, partner coordination and reporting
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of an efficient filing system for the team
- Supporting the focal point in activities, tasks, milestone or deliverable tracking
- Assisting the external partners in related projects as necessary
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or Statistics
- At least two years of experience in programme support in a similar role preferably with an NGO
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate
- Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines.
- Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in basic Logistics and administration
- IT: High level of computer literacy (knowledge of well-known NGO accounting software, advanced Excel, Word)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking capacity
- Desire to take on new challenges
- Driver’s license
- Motivation to integrate a multicultural and international organization
How to Apply For ASF Uganda Jobs 2020 – Programme and M&E Assistant:
ASF is an equal opportunity employer; interested applicants should send a Cover letter, detailed
Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts; three reachable references and salary expectations. Applications must be addressed to the Coordinator of Programmes and Knowledge Manager by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASF will only contact short-listed candidates. This position is subject to donor funding.
Deadline: 17th of April 2020