Job Title: Procurement Assistant – FAO Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: FAO Uganda
Reports To: Operations specialist.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under The Overall Supervision Of The FAO Representative In Uganda, The Direct Supervision Of The Operations Specialist, And In Close Coordination With Technical, Operations And Administrative Personnel, The Procurement Assistant Will;
- Prepare solicitation process, identify method of solicitation, prepare tendering documents (including Expressions of Interest [EOI], Request for Quotations [RFQs], Invitations to Bid [ITBs], Request for Proposals [RFPs]), distribute invitations to tender and conduct all aspects of bid/proposals evaluations and ensures that the solicitation process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section;
- Ensure tracking of all procurement processes from receiving and reviewing procurement requisitions for completeness up to delivery/completion of goods/services, acceptance, payment, and follow up with requesting/requisitioning units to ensure that all requirements are met;
- Contribute to preparing a procurement plan for FAO Uganda, and ensure its implementation and monitoring;
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UN/FAO rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Organize and participate in, as appropriate, local tender opening panels and the Local Procurement Committee (LPC) preparing submissions for the latter when required;
- Draft purchase orders, low value orders, contracts and Letters of Agreements (LoAs);
- Verify funds’ availability prior to launching procurement actions, and ensures that the funds available are allocated in consultation with the responsible staff;
- Ensure that the invoices/payment requests are received, certified and include all the supporting documents that are required for finance to process the payment; in cases of quality issues coordinate with the technical team on liquidated damages to apply before forwarding invoices for payment and for delays in delivery recommend liquidated damages to apply as per FAO rules and regulations.
- Prepare updates on Lease Agreements (LAs), LoAs and Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) and keep track of their payment schedules;
- Prepare reports and routine correspondence on procurement subject-matters;
- Draft justifications/rationale and Notes for the File related to procurement when and as needed;
- Maintain an accurate and updated filing system in the Procurement Unit; and assist in the classification and maintenance of documentation relating to procurement subject-matter areas;
- Identify local dealers and potential suppliers of goods from the local market applying MS 502 FAO procurement rules and regulations and maintain an updated suppliers’ and vendors’ database; prepares vendor forms for suppliers and contractors;
- Liaise with Logistics Unit for timely preparation and receipt of letters of import exemption and re-export, follow up on clearance of goods and shipments and ensure safe arrival of the consignments to the final destinations;
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Procurement, Business, Public Administration, or related field
- At least three years of in-country work experience in procurement.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Procurement Training and certification is an asset
- Experience in procurement with UN agencies or international NGOs and multinational enterprises
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based procurement management systems. University degree in public administration, business administration, economics or a closely related field.
How To Apply For FAO Uganda Jobs 2020 – Procurement Assistant:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.
Deadline: 17/Apr/2020, 4:59:00 PM
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted