Job Title: Program Associate – International Republican Institute Uganda Jobs
Organization: International Republican Institute (IRI)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports To: Resident Program Director
International Republican Institute Uganda Profile:
For more than 30 years, the International Republican Institute (IRI) has worked in challenging environments, offering programmatic operational support in emerging democracies, as well as closed, post-conflict and transitioning political situations. Within the framework of democracy development, IRI has implemented political party, youth, gender equality, information communication technology, polling, civil society, election monitoring, and voter education programs. In all, activities have been conducted in more than 80 countries with integrated programmatic and operational components.
The Program Associate (PA) will support the development and implementation of IRI programs in Uganda and the Great lakes region on a full-time basis. S/he will work as part of IRI’s program team and support developing program strategy, drafting program reports and budgets, organizing and implementing program activities, and conducting program monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The Program Associate will report directly to the Resident Program Director (RPD).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and report on political developments in Uganda and the Great Lakes region.
• Assist program staff with design, development, and implementation of programs.
• Make logistical and substantive arrangements for programs such as training seminars, conferences, and other programs.
• Ensure that expenditures remain within budget allocations and comply with donor regulations.
• Assist program staff with the development of weekly reports, quarterly reports, and proposals.
• Provide efficient and timely action on administrative and financial matters, written assignments and submission of reports;
• Update and maintain program resource files and program participants’ contacts for purposes of monitoring and evaluation and internal reporting;
• Cultivate relationships and communicate with relevant government officials, local partners, and members of the diplomatic and donor community on behalf of his/her supervisor, and represent IRI at public functions as requested;
• Work in concert with IRI M&E and program personnel to monitor and evaluate the performance of IRI and partner organizations program activities, identifying successes and failures and recommending program adjustments accordingly;
• Travel from time-to-time, independently and/or as part of a team, to various locations throughout Great Lakes region to support IRI’s programmatic objectives; and
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the RPD or his/her immediate supervisor.
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or related field;
• Three years of experience in democracy, rights and governance sector; work on political party strengthening and civil society advocacy is a bonus;
• Fluency in English required, fluency in French strongly desired;
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Promoting meaningful participation of all citizens in the political systems, including women, youth, and other traditionally marginalized groups.
• Harnessing the comparative advantages of media and technology to promote citizen understanding and engagement and transparent political competition.
• Facilitating the ability of elected political actors to fulfill their responsibilities to citizens through better governance practices.
• Promoting competitive and representative multi-party political systems.
How To Apply for International Republican Institute Uganda Jobs – Program Associate:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to email@example.com
Deadline of this Job: 17 April 2020