Vacancy title: 8 Field Facilitators – Right To Play Uganda Jobs
Organization: Right To Play
Duty Station: Adjumani
Right To Play Profile:
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease, and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection, and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries.
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of the Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness..
Roles and Responsibilities:
Job Responsibility #1: Activity planning and implementation 45% of Time):
• Conducts needs assessment, evaluates the skills of the team and recommends the appropriate training.
• Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal, facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
• Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments.
• In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
• Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
• Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
• Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
• Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the PO.
• Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
• Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
• Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the PO.
• Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards
Job Responsibility #2: Monitoring and reporting (20% of Time):
• Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
• Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
• Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country Office on project progress.
• Submits financial reports related to activity implementation.
• Ensures partners and Coaches are in compliance with Child Safeguarding Policy.
Job responsibility #3: Establish and maintain partnerships. (20% of time)
• Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective field.
• Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
Job responsibility #4: Supervision and guidance (10% of Time)
• Conducts performance assessment of Coach Trainers and Coaches and recommends incentives based on the approved incentive criteria.
• In collaboration and consultation with partners, PO and the Training Officer implements a Coach Incentive system.
• In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential Coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
• Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification.
Job responsibility #5: Performs other duties as assigned: (5% of Time)
• The ideal candidate for the Right to Play Field Facilitator job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Adult Education, or any related discipline.
• Two years of experience working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team
• Understanding of adult education principles
• Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet
• Effective report writing
• Understanding of a community-led process
• Understanding of the concept of sport for development and Peace and/or Play-Based Learning
• Experience of child rights and child safeguarding
• Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s) (Madi and Luo)
• Experience implementing a development program with local populations in both rural and urban settings
• Experience working with Refugee, IDP and host communities
• Experience in Rights-based programming, Gender, and Sexual and Gender-based Violence Experience of delivering development programs for pre-primary, primary and secondary schools
• Experience in training, leading workshops and teaching
• Personal sport and activity background with coaching experience
• Holds a valid driver’s license
Competencies/ Personal Attributes:
• Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
• Effective planning and organizing skills
• Coaching and feedback skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong development and team building skills
CONTRACT DURATION: Anticipated 8 month contract with possibility of renewal subject to funding.
COMPENSATION: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a flexible work policy (e.g. work from home).
How To Apply for Right To Play Uganda Jobs –
If you are interested in applying for these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and kindly include “Position + Location + Name” in the subject line (e.g. Project Officer, Mbarara, Brian Jones). Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
Deadline: 30th April 2020