Job Title: Communications Intern – Sense International Uganda Jobs
Organization: Sense International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Funding Manager
Sense International Profile:
Sense International is one of the world’s leading international organizations working for people with deafblindness and their families.
The Communications Intern Support SIU to raise awareness about the organization and about deafblindness in line with SIU’s communications plan
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communications planning, Contribute to the development and annual review of a Communications Strategy. Develop an Annual Communications Workplan to be updated on a monthly basis.
- Case studies, stories, and blog posts Produce case studies, stories, and blog posts on a regular basis to reflect the changes in the lives of the people we are supporting. This will be done through visits to programs and through interviewing staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Media relations, Develop relationships with the media, including print media, radio, television and online media. Disseminate press releases linked to key events in order to obtain coverage for SIU in the above-mentioned media channels.
- Awareness-raising events, Support SIU to hold awareness-raising events with partners by contributing to the coordination and planning of the events, by producing communications materials, by capturing stories about the events, by generating media coverage and by sharing news stories on social media.
- Communications materials, Develop communications materials in line with the communications plan and for specific events and projects as required.
- Social media channels, Build a following and update content for SIU’s Twitter, Instagram and Facebook account in line with SIU’s communications plan.
- Programs communications support, Support specific awareness-raising, and communications objectives within projects and programs.
- Any other duties as called upon in order to achieve the communications objectives of SIU.
- The ideal applicant must a Bachelor’s Degree in communications or related field of study
- Experience in a communications-related role
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work under minimum supervision to achieve results
- Good interpersonal skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent knowledge of communication through the social media
- Good communication and marketing skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of the international development sector
- Knowledge of the disability sector within civil society
- Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- A commitment to Sense International’s mission.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- A positive and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can-do’ attitude, in line with the organization’s values.
- High standards of personal integrity, honesty, and discretion.
How to Apply for Sense International Uganda Jobs – No Experience Communications Intern:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their covering letter (maximum 2 pages) and current CV to the Finance and Administration Manager of Uganda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Communications Intern in the subject line of your email.
Your covering letter must include:
- Why you are interested in this position
- How you think your experience and skills match the job description
- Your daytime contact number
- Available start date
Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th May 2020