Job Title: ICT Officer – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Uganda Profile:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal Republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
The job holder is responsible for assisting the IT Specialist in maintaining GIZ IT standards, policies and guidelines.
The IT Ofﬁcer within this context, s/he fulﬁls the following tasks;
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all hardware is up to date with GIZ standards, including laptops, servers, and desktop computers.
- Conﬁgure and deploy new workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations and laptops.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests.
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and training on and off-site.
- Assess and recommend on the disposal of non-functional IT equipment.
- Keeps the equipment inventory up to date.
- Installs, conﬁgures and maintains all standard GIZ software (e.g. Windows 10, Office 365 Pro Plus, SAP GUI, WinPACCS (customized GIZ ERP software).
- Understands Windows Server domains and the key concept of Active Directory.
- Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching.
- Install authorized software to desktops and laptops.
- Ensure that all software on GIZ IT equipment is licensed and the licenses recorded.
- Ensures ant-virus and spyware software is installed and up to date on all computers.
- Ensures that users are aware of the IT Security guidelines.
- Maintain and conﬁgure LAN and WLAN network security.
Network related tasks
- Monitor LAN, WLAN and internet to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot, and repair cabled wireless and other network infrastructure.
Other general tasks:
- Carries out and ensures general administration of the entire IT system.
- Safeguards the system against hackers.
- Resolves all computer and internet problems, prepares all the necessary information and provides phone support.
- Ensures an IT emergency service.
- Maintains a list of all hardware and software systems, and updates this to reﬂect changes.
- Documents the installation and settings on the equipment.
- Incorporates market developments on relevant IT issues on his / her own initiative.
- Perform regular system back-up and ensure the integrity of back-up.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BSc in Computer Science or IT.
- Current IT industry certiﬁcations (e.g. MCSA, MCP, CCNA) are an asset.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Excellent working knowledge of current IT technologies, applications and best practices.
- Good knowledge of English (German is an asset).
- Regularly take part in qualifying measures —corresponding measures are agreed upon with the superior.
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with clients.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Proactive and responsive. encouraged to apply online an or by email
How To Apply for GlZ Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online by email email@example.com
Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 4 pages only.
Please include the name and contact of three references in the CVs.
No other attachments are required at this stage. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line.
Deadline: 16th July 2020
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Subscribe to Blog via Email