Job Title: Data Clerk – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda.
Duty Station: Ivempi, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile:
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Data Clerk will be based in the field-Health Facility or field Office and shall be responsible for providing smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
S/he will record data, provide guidance on data recording, compilation, use, reporting and management. S/he will produce and submit Periodic health activity reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Data clerk will be responsible for compiling data collected within Health departments as he /she works alongside the M&E officer Arua. Main duties shall include among entering data in databases and maintaining accurate records of the sector, managing office stock, ensuring proper filling of HIS/HMIS forms. Our ideal candidate must have essential data entry skills, fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets.
- Ensure the use of standard MoH/Donor data tools and reporting Forms.
- Facilitate smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
- Guidance on data recording, use, reporting and management.
- Periodic reports submitted.
Key Activities and Outputs
- Ensure availability and use of Standard/revised HMIS/HIS data tools at all departments of the health facility.
- Providing guidance on use of the HMIS/HIS data tools to ensure completeness, consistency, and correctness in filling the registers.
- Promptly provide data on notifiable/integrated disease surveillance and response.
- Prepare and timely entry of daily, weekly and monthly data from all facilities for making reports.
- Provide feedback to the facility staff on health service provision for decision making.
- Enter data into the electronic database.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff by organizing mentor-ships and review meetings on data management.
- Participate in capacity building activities (Training, Orientations, Mentorship, meetings etc).
- Adhering to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma or certificate in Medical records and Health Management Information System from a recognized, licensed and accredited institution with at least one year of progressive experience in health record management –Essential.
- Applied Knowledge in the use of HMIS/HIS data tools.
- Good Computer skills including Ms Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a busy health setting.
- Ability to completely record, accurately compile and Produce timely reports.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Flexible and able to work with a team in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Good standard of spoken and written English Language.
- Ability to speak any of the languages spoken in South Sudan is an added advantage.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: Monday July 20th,2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email