Job Title: 26 Annual Survey Enumerators – CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Catholic Relief Services Profile:
CRS seeks to recruit 26 experienced annual survey enumerators. The enumerators’ responsibilities will be on a need-for-work basis and is not going to be a full-time job. The enumerators will work under the supervision of Nuyok MEAL officers and will be responsible for administering questionnaires to Nuyok participants (beneficiaries) in rural communities of Abim, Napak, Nakapiripirit and Nabilatuk districts as well as entering responses into CommCare Mobile Application, providing important feedback on key issues of concern as they emerge during survey testing and data collection. Enumerators will participate in a training related to the tool before administering the survey in targeted households.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Pre-data Enumerators duties:
- Participate in the training workshop for the survey questionnaire to understand the requirements and contents;
- Participate in a training workshop and orientation of the use of the CommCare based questionnaire;
- Participate in a questionnaire pretest and trial-run of the data processing and reporting.
Data Enumerators duties:
- Conduct face to face interviews with selected respondents using the survey questionnaire;
- Enter responses to the CommCare application using data collection tablets;
- Ensure daily uploads of survey data into the server;
- Report key issues of concern during data collection and hand over to the team lead at end of each day;
- Exercise high level of security measures to avoid data loss and theft of devices.
Post-Data Collection duties:
- Return all data collection gadgets and materials to survey supervisor;
- Answer any questions from the supervisor regarding the data uploaded;
- Maintain confidentiality of all the information under your access;
- Participate in any post-survey learning event Nuyok may organize.
The ideal applicant for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Annual Survey Enumerator job must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- Previous experience conducting data collection using mobile devices is a must;
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively;
- Must be available for the entire period.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player;
- Willingness to work long hours to achieve set goals;
- MUST be fluent in the local languages Leb Thur, Nga’karimojong;
- Working English language proficiency;
- Self-motivated and willing to learn;
- Experience with development programming, preferably in one or more of the following sectors: agro-enterprise and agriculture; DRR and resilience; irrigation and natural resource management including farmer producer group (FPG) participants; livestock and fisheries; nutrition-related SBCC activities; savings and internal lending communities (SILC); and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH);
- Knowledge of CommCare Application is an added advantage but not a requirement.
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2020 :
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application.
- In the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ANNUAL SURVEY ENUMERATOR. All applications that do not contain this subject line will be rejected and not read.
Deadline: 23rd August 2020 by 5:00pm