Job Title: Accounts Assistant – UPMB Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB Profile:
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda is implementing a five-year Local Service Delivery (HIV/AIDS) Activity supported by USAID to be implemented in three USAID regions of Uganda (Gulu, Mbarara, Jinja). The project will support private not-for-profit (PNFP) sites to address gaps through optimization of high yielding HIV Testing and Counseling Services approaches, improved retention and viral suppression, provision of HIV/TB care and treatment, scale up services to reach men and key populations, strengthen the PNFP institutional capacity and quality for sustainable service delivery and contribute to Uganda’s efforts in reaching and maintaining epidemic control.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Receive all payments (cash and cheques) post them into books on a daily basis
• Deposit all receipts into the bank accounts on a daily basis
• Maintain a petty cash book and make bank withdrawals for purposes of timely replenishment of the imprest level
• Maintain monthly cashbook balances to ascertain the actual amounts carried forward for the next period.
• Collect and report bank statement plus any dishonoured cheques and make the relevant adjustments in the cash books, to reflect the true bank balance position
• Prepare payment vouchers with all their supporting documents, including but not limited to invoices, receipts, memos and all available correspondences for approval
• Write cheques, drafts and process bank transfers, upon authorized and approved payment vouchers and disburse cash to the respective beneficiaries.
• Post all receipts and payments electronically using an approved accounting package
• Establish and maintain an efficient and effective coding, filing and retrieval system for financial documents
• Maintain a record of all creditors and Debtors
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounting
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position in church-based organizations or NGOs.
How To Apply for UPMB Uganda Jobs 2020:
All Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience please hand-deliver their cover letter and CV only to
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo
P.O. Box 4127
Deadline: September 4th, 2020 at 5 pm