Job Title: Store Keeper – WFP Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall supervision and training of tally clerks and casual laborers.
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements both in LESS and paperwork.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyze reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A Degree in Stores management, Procurement and Logistics management, Accounting, statistics, Administration or any other related field.
- At least 3 years working experience in Storekeeping, Logistics management, Statistics, Administration, Accounting or related field gained from a reputable institution.
- Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications, database management applications, database development tools, data analysis applications;
- Excellent command of English is vital;
• Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
• Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
• Experience in managing inventories.
• Experience in processing invoices.
How To Apply for WFP Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: September 10th 2020.