Job Title: 6 Assistant Accountants – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Soroti District (1), Gulu District (1) Bugiri District (1) Kole District (2) Kamwenge District (1)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
- Allocate various expenses to cost center accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual
- Initiate and prepare Mobile Money transactions (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for upload to Share point daily
Financial planning & budget management:
- Assist in developing programme/AP/cluster budgets in compliance with the programme / cluster/APs’ Plan
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with programme/AP team on 12th every month
- Support the Programmes /cluster during the internal and external auditing
- Maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the programme/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
• A university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
• Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
• At least 3 years relevant technical and business work experience.
• Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
• Knowledge of project management and project cycles
• Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
• Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
• The position is based at the cluster/project office but may require ability and willingness to travel to communities.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: 11th September 2020