Job Title: IT Assistant – URC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Duty Station: Gulu.
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Uganda Profile:
The IRC has been implementing ERD programs in northern Uganda since 2005. The IRC is going to be awarded a grant under the Refugees in East Africa: Boosting Urban Innovations for Livelihoods Development (Re:Build) project funded by IKEA Foundation to implement a 5 years project in Kampala and Nairobi cities. The program focuses specifically on promoting economic self-reliance for refugees and vulnerable host communities in Kampala and Nairobi by assisting (a) people to have sustainable livelihoods and (b) facilitating the creation of strong markets and effective and responsive city services that are accessible to all residents. To implement this project, the IRC is seeking for a qualified and competent Ugandan to fill the position of an IKEA/Re:Build Quantitative Household Survey Enumerator to be based in Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs
- Assist in set ups and configuring desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level in consultation with IT HQ Support Team
- Install software and repair hardware and peripherals as directed
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, implementing corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalating to other technical resources as appropriate
- Assist Administer user accounts as directed
- Assist designs and produce basic reports for the department
- Assist set up and submit production jobs and edits and debugs computer output with support from the HQ IT Team
- Assist in transferring computer files between platforms
- Provide basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
- Assist provide support in maintaining IT records
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BSc Information Technology / BSc Computer Engineering / BSc Telcom Engineering
- Computer Operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technology environment
- Knowledge in hardware maintenance and repairs.
- Experience working for an NGO is an advantage.
How To Apply for URC Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates including 3 professional referees and their contacts online via the link below:
Deadline: 17th December 2020.