Job Title: 2 Logistics Officers – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
Location: Lamwo & Adjumani Sub program
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Profile:
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LVVF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs.
LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adiumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala
The Logistics Officers will oversee and ensure that all activities related to fleet and stores
management are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed LWF Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to fleet and stores the designated Sub-Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to a car parking policy that defines who can use the vehicle, at what time, for what purpose and when the vehicle must be parked.
- Authorize the movement of vehicles leaving the compound and ensure that they are using authorized gate passes or mission orders.
- Supervises drivers and ensures their performance management processes is adhered to, regularly sets targets for them and conducts effective appraisals.
- Supports fleet Management to ensure that the movement of vehicles and repairs comply with regulations and policies.
- Regularly inspects vehicles in order to establish its mechanical condition and roadworthiness.
- Implements set procedures for effective vehicle usage while minimizing the costs.
- Maintains a productive relationship with suppliers of vehicle repair services, fuel, oils and spares and coordinates regularly with the procurement function.
- Oversees a system for monitoring and tracking the distances and relates them to fuel usage.
- Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all goods and supplies.
- Coordinate the receipt dispatch of goods, GDN, RR to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making and ensure that all stores transactions are updated accurately on the stock / bin cards on a daily basis and use the SAGE system where applicable.
- Support receipt dispatch goods against official approved documentation (e.g. GRN, waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of goods including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the LWF Donor requirements.
- University Degree in Fleet and logistics management, Business administration or related field.
- Post Graduate training in Project Planning and Management sound knowledge of management is an added advantage;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in logistics management preferable with INGO
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Good organizational and team skills with attention to detail
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (internet and computer applications)
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees only through our recruitment email email@example.com
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line
Deadline: 22nd January,2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.