Job Title: Health Programs Interns – URC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Job Location: Kampala
Period: 6-month, April to September 2021
University Research Co., LLC (URC) Profile:
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication-related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.
RHITES – North, Acholi Activity is funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) implemented and managed by University Research CO., LLC. The activity provides technical support and assistance to the Ministry of Health and USG implementing partners to institutionalize the Quality Improvement approach with a goal of improving outcomes for the served populations.
We are looking for newly graduated individuals interested in building a career in public health with special interest in utilizing data to improve processes of care. The Health Programs Interns will support the technical officers in the implementation of the project activities during which process the intern will gain valuable work experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support to prepare and implement field activities based on the approved work plans
- Support follow up community or health facility or partner teams on the developed action plans
- Participate in data collection, collation, entry, and analysis
- Support data validation activities
- Set up and coordinate program meetings
- Participate in the documentation of program activities and report writing
- Any other related duty assigned by the supervisor
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in health sciences or related field
- Graduated within the previous 24 months
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office package specifically Word, Excel and Power point.
- Working knowledge of the use virtual communication systems
- Adequate communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time manager and able to take initiative on tasks
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field within the project operation areas
- Applicants must be Ugandan citizens
How To Apply for URC Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application at the link below.
Deadline: not later than 5:00 pm, 10th March 2021.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.