Job Title: Trainee Natural Resources Stewardship Programme – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Natural Resources Stewardship Programme Profile:
The Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS), funded by the European Union, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ). NatuReS promotes multi-stakeholder collective action for more sustainable management of natural resources. NatuReS aims to strengthen and support local public-private-civil society partnerships to address shared natural resource threats while capitalising on synergies/opportunities and improving stewardship at scale. Put simply, stewardship is about taking care of a common resource that is important to everyone. NatuRes currently operates in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda and South Africa.
GIZ NatuReS is looking for a graduate trainee to support the policy and knowledge component of the natural resources stewardship programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Key Responsibilities
▪ Creation and management of knowledge and information databases for the policy and knowledge component of NatuReS Uganda.
▪ Technical backstopping on knowledge and policy-related activities
▪ Logistical support towards the delivery of capacity building activities across the programme
B. Specific Tasks
i) Technical backstopping
▪ Create and maintain a database containing a pool of experts to support NatuReS programme undertakings in Uganda
▪ Support preparation of activity concept notes, activity progress reports, etc.
▪ Support specific field and desk research tasks, and technical assessments required for the implementation of partnerships.
▪ Create and maintain knowledge and information databases on specific natural resource management topics and green growth issues.
▪ Support organizing meetings and schedules for programme level partnerships on policy and knowledge
▪ Support planning, organizing, coordination and documentation of workshops, trainings, and other capacity-building activities
▪ Handle partnership correspondences (letters and minutes etc.) on policy and knowledge component
iii) Knowledge management and logistical support
▪ Research and review the latest developments and best practices in natural sources stewardship and green growth
▪ Support development and dissemination of communication materials (factsheets, articles, posters etc.).
▪ Support procurement processes and ensure timely delivery of procurements under the knowledge and policy component
iv) Other duties
▪ Be pro-active and able to work independently.
▪ Keep him/herself updated about the current developments in natural sources management and green growth.
▪ Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Technical Advisor and NatuReS Country Coordinator.
c) Required qualifications, competences
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 8th March 2021 at 5:00Pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.