Job Title: Data Manager – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute
Job Location: Kampala
Vacancy Code: DTM-002
Reports to: TB DSD Program Coordinator
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Data Manager will all oversee all M&E activities relating to TB-DSD Project. S/he will collaboratively work with the Kampala Region M&E team and district/Kampala City biostatisticians to support recording and reporting on TB-DSD into the national HMIS system and other stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build capacity of frontline health workers and project teams in recording and reporting relating to TB-DSD project implementation.
- Ensure availability of all required M&E tools at all the pilot sites
- Coordinate development and review of TB-DSD recording and reporting tools to facilitate the collection of relevant data.
- Contribute to review of the TB-DSD M&E system at community and facility levels.
- Support in the development of SOPs related to TB-DSD data management at pilot sites.
- Plan, organize and coordinate data quality assessments and provide corrective actions
- Routinely identify areas that need urgent improvement and support in the initiation of quality improvement projects.
- Coordinate project performance review meetings.
- Provide onsite mentorship in line with data management at the supported facilities.
- Support data utilization at facility and project level to inform decisions
- Support the compilation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and
preparation of progress reports.
- Analyze and interpret TB-DSD data to inform TB-DSD programing
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of data entered into the project data management system, HIBRID, OVCMIS and DHIS2
- Troubleshoot user technical problems
- Plan and execute regular data backups and maintain logs
- Keep software up to date e.g. Operating system patches, antivirus updates, etc.
- Ensure security of data captured into the project HMIS & other electronic databases.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, IT or a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience in data management and systems development preferably in the TB and HIV.
- A postgraduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft access, office, word and PowerPoint
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits a high level of ethical conduct
- Experience in working health systems
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th March 2021
Key Notes about IDI Uganda Jobs 2021:
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
5. Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University-Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.