Job Title: Fresher Administrative Officer – World Direct Uganda Jobs
Organization: World Direct Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
World Direct Uganda Profile:
WORLD DIRECT WORKS IN COLLABORATION WITH LOCAL COMMUNITIES, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OFFICIALS AND LOCAL ORGANISATIONS TO PROVIDE FORMAL OR ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION AND BASIC SKILLS TRAINING. OUR WORK INCLUDES PROJECTS AIMED AT REDUCING POVERTY AND ILLITERACY AMONG WOMEN, CHILDREN, DISABLED PEOPLE, THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED DISPLACEMENT AND INSTABILITY, AND THOSE IN NOMADIC AND PASTORALIST COMMUNITIES.
The Administrator plays a vital role in ensuring that the Directorate operates optimally and that the Director receives the support required to ensure efficient operations, in particular information regarding directorate operations, for instance, the status of programme activities and budgetary spend.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the annual portfolio calendar
- Offer planning support to the Portfolio Director and help to enhance efficiency and timeliness of Directorate activities.
- Offer Support to the Sector Teams in respect to the planning of their work and data gathering
- Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to the Director
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board and other meetings
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by the Director.
- Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of the Director to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action
- Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of the Director.
- A minimum of a degree in a relevant field such as business management, agriculture, development studies, etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience of providing support to a busy NGO team of professional staff, where a considerable amount of analytical skills are called for.
- Some understanding of and/or experience in budget management
- Independent and able to work with minimal guidance and instruction.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Computer skills – Microsoft Office
How To Apply for World Direct Uganda Jobs
Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter; (b) a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees, including e-mail addresses; and (c) a statement illustrating their suitability against each of the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills. All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12th March 2021
World Direct is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.