Job Title: Fresher Ambulance Driver – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Reports to: Sub Program Manager
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
Under the guidance of the of the logistics officer, the driver is responsible for Operation and maintenance of LWF Ambulance and ensuring the safety and security of authorized passengers, cargo, equipment and tools on board
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the assigned vehicle and its accessories are kept in good condition (log books, jacks, wheel spanners, spare tyres, etc) in good working order and clean condition and makes a thorough daily check of its mechanical condition (e.g. battery, fuel, water, oil, brake fluid, tyre pressure, etc.), and promptly reports any fault, damage or loss;
- Timely respond to transport requests and transport sick or injured individuals to medical facilities for treatment while avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients in line with the Lutheran World Federation fleet management policy and Uganda Road Safety Act
- Place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance and as well change soiled linen on stretcher in line with MoH related guidelines for ambulance.
- Administer first aid as needed and report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital authority in line with MoH related guidelines for first aid patient management & care.
- Make accountability for funds spent on driving operations (fuel and service done on the vehicle) and Maintaining trip movement records in line with Lutheran World Federation Fleet Management Policy.
- Always driver at the responsible speed as permitted by the Laws of Uganda (respect for speed limits) while on the road and ensure safety of those on board.
- Ensure that all trips covered are official and approved prior by the district and UNFPA focal personnel at all times.
- Ensure that trips covered are maternal relation and incase of exceptions, approval should be sought from LWF.
- Checks regularly and ensures that vehicles have valid motor third party insurance.
- Monitors the vehicle fuel gauge constantly, and report any need for re-fuelling. Ensure the vehicle is refuelled during evening time to maximise time for ambulance operation.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours where sometimes you will be expected to work past normal working hours
- Ensure every trip is documented in the vehicle log book, particularly departure/arrival times and mileage readings, as well as vehicle repairs/service and fuel and lubricants consumption, and reports the due service mileage in good time;
- Complies strictly with the official highway code and traffic rules and regulations while driving, as well as the relevant LWF policies and procedures;
- Conveys staff, visitors and any other authorised personnel on official duty as well as program equipment and materials in a safe and secure manner;
- Ensures all vehicle doors and windows are securely locked after working hours, prior to handing over the keys to the logistics officer/manger or at the nearest central police station while on over mission.
- Verifies repair/service done by a mechanic on return of vehicle from a garage to confirm all the required parts are replaced;
- Promptly reports to the logistics officer and/or the police all accidents and problems encountered while on duty;
- Ensure the ambulance is well equipped with all the relevant medical items at all times.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the LWF Uganda Ambulance Driver job opportunity should hold an Ordinary – level Certificate of education or equivalent.
- A valid Driving licence for classes B, CM, DL, DM etc.
- Knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics are essential.
- Certificate in defensive driving is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of experience driving an ambulance in a reputable firm, public body or NGO.
- High integrity, hardworking, courteous, dependable, punctual, tidy and well-groomed.
- Willing to work long hours in challenging circumstances when required.
- Knowledge of one of the local languages
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should submit an updated CV and application letter (in English), giving a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees only through our recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race, or religious affiliation. persons with disabilities. Female candidates who possess the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line
Deadline: 2nd April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.