Job Title: Fresher Innovation and Digital Coordinator – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Identify, incubate and experiment generate ideas and concepts, ensuring a culture of learning and innovation, as well a learning culture within the workplace and the network.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, market and deliver an integrated Digital Innovation Programme by operationalizing NRC’s digital innovation hub for urban refugee populations to support digital innovation and learning.
- Lead the implementation of NRC’s 2-way communication and interactive mechanism with beneficiaries.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the flow and script for information provision via calls or messages (including bulk messaging), and other forms of automated access to information.
- Establish and monitor service provision through key performance indicators (e.g. response time, satisfaction)
- Support the implementation of NRC Uganda Education digital innovation pilot in the urban refugee communities.
- Lead the scoping, thematic, mapping, and other research pieces related to digital literacy, online safety, and digital wellness as it applies to displacement and conflict affected youth
- Facilitate Design thinking sessions with Youth to discover, design, validate and deliver appropriate programmes that respond to their digital citizenship needs
- Ensure high quality, timely, and relevant data collection, analysis, visualization, and dissemination of findings with relevant stakeholders
- Quality assure outputs commissioned for the hub such as research reports
- Document innovation case studies from across the hub as part of the education digital innovation pilot and share lessons from hub stakeholders widely across the sector.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Innovation and Digital Coordinator should have five years’ experience from working a digital innovation project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- High level of familiarity with innovation processes, agile development, technology, digital transformation, and digital platforms
- Familiarity and experience in adopting human centred design, system thinking and design thinking methodologies
- Good knowledge of innovation and technology including their opportunities and risks, ideally through the lens of ICT4D
- Previous experience from working on engaging with key humanitarian stakeholders, government, academia and private sector
- Ability to pitch ideas, concepts, and products to internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.