Job Title: 2 Fresher Physiotherapists – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Handicap International Federation
Job Location: Arua
Responsible to: Project Manager
Project: INCLUDE (1), APEAL (1)
Handicap International Federation Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Physiotherapists assist patients in rehabilitating physical problems caused by illness, injury, disability or aging, through treatment. The responsibilities of Physiotherapists include planning treatments, reviewing recovery, and conducting therapeutic exercises with patients.
Starting Date: 1st June 2021
Length of contract: Till April 2022
Basic Salary: UGX 2,208,949
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure planning and field coordination of project activities with internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in the monthly HI activity planning meetings
• Develop monthly and weekly field activity plans
• Participate in the development of project activity tools
• Coordinate field activities with MHPSS Worker and Inclusive Education Officer.
• Ensure regular coordination meeting with MHPSS actors, Health actors and Education communities.
2. Implement, facilitate and follow-up, on a daily basis, the project activities in accordance with the project implementation plans
In collaboration with the targeted school management committees, school community stakeholders and in close collaboration with the HI MHPSS and Education teams:
Physical and functional assessment of beneficiaries from the refugee and host population
• Assess beneficiary needs using the Comprehensive Assessment Form
• According to the outcomes of the assessment of the beneficiaries’ needs elaborate an appropriate intervention and a plan of treatment including provision of assistive devices and referral to other services within HI and other stakeholders.
• Provision of appropriate rehabilitation interventions
• Design appropriate physical rehabilitation intervention according to the priorities of needs identified during assessment.
• Explain to both beneficiary and caregiver or family the importance of rehabilitation and the purpose of the treatment to
• be provided (being provided)
• Provide rehabilitation care according to Uganda (and international) physiotherapy standards and HI rehabilitation guidelines.
• Follow the evolution of care and improvement of beneficiaries through the use of different rehabilitation outcome tools (FIM scoring, CP assessment tool etc.) and report it by updating beneficiary files as needed.
• Ensure the security of the beneficiary during the rehabilitation sessions and take into account precautions related to diverse illness, problems and medical treatments. Seek medical advice if needed.
• Provide advice and train the beneficiary and the caregivers on the basic exercises that the beneficiary can do on his/her own or with support from caregivers to improve general body condition and prevent secondary complications.
• Home follow-up and discharge of beneficiaries
• Follow up on home instructions provided to beneficiaries and caregiver during initial assessment and treatment
• Monitor progress of beneficiaries in doing rehabilitation exercises and use of assistive devices
• Provide advise on how to improve activities of daily living (ADL) following the FIM scoring standards
• Review and recommend discharge of beneficiaries after resolution of problems and achievement of rehabilitation objectives. (Note: discharge is coordinated with the PSS worker assigned to the beneficiaries to consolidate report and completion of rehabilitation outcome scoring before file is completely closed.)
3. Participate in the data collection and MEAL activities of the project
In close collaboration with the MEAL team:
• Updates rehabilitation follow up form after each session with a beneficiary. All files are treated with outmost confidentiality and are only discussed within the team for clarification as needed.
• Contribute to the weekly report according to department and donor requirement on rehabilitation services: new beneficiaries, active cases, donation certificates, discharge etc.
• Participates in monthly Case Review led by Rehab and MHPSS TA and or Senior PT and Psychologist/PSS;
• Ensure that complete beneficiary pack is properly filled and signed;
• Respect all guidelines and documentation within the project; keep data records for each individual and group sessions;
• Produce weekly activity reports and contribute in the development of project reports using HI Uganda MEAL templates
• Maintain complete documentation for each activity following the recommendations and template of the project manager
• Contribute to the development of the Program Managers activity reports
• Participate in project review workshops
• Participate in assessments and facilitate project evaluations at field level
• Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Ensure that field data collection is charged with the MEAL team
4. Respect HI identity , rules, and policies
• Promote HI’s protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to the line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
• Observe at all times strict commitment to HI’s Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level.
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
• Proven project activity implementation skills in collaboration with stakeholders
• Capacity building, training and coaching skills
• Perfect fluency in written and oral English and strong report writing skills;
• Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
• Fluently spoken local languages will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of project cycle and related tools and methodologies
• Knowledge of the Education and Disability Sectors in Uganda
• Ability to work under high pressure;
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
• Strong team player and ability to work independently
• Degree in physiotherapy.
• At least 1 year of professional experience in an NGO at officer level
• At least 2 years of professional experience in Physiotherapy/Physical rehabilitation related work
• Experience in consortia lead projects
• Experience in the fields of inclusion / accessibility of services / services to persons with disabilities
• Experience working in refugee context
• Experience in hospital settings is an asset
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) (DO to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position and Project applied for.
Deadline: 8th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.