Job Title: Fresher HR & Administration Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Reporting to the HR & Administration Manager, the HR & Admin. The assistant is responsible for providing support to day-to-day HR & administrative functions of the HR & Admin. office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist generally in the human resource activities for the national employees, as required.
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, longlisting of applications, coordinate candidates’ invitations for interview, drafting interview report, creation of new staff personnel files, supporting in the induction processes.
- Update the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information.
- Flights focal person-ensure that all the flights request-local and international are action in an efficient manner.
- In liaison with the HR & Admin. Manager, monitor staff movement to/from the field, to conference, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
- Ensure that support is provided in a timely and reliable fashion with all travel arrangements, conference venue bookings, meeting arrangements, accommodation booking for staff from other programs and other official visitors.
- Maintain a calendar and schedule of visitors to IRC Uganda and submit monthly report by 2nd of every month.
- Draft and following up on office purchases and payment requests, informed by reviewing PR tracking sheets shared by supply chain on weekly basis.
- Manage office supplies through receiving and making release orders.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plan for the office.
- Prepare payment request vouchers for all utilities (electricity bills, water bills, newspapers etc) including telephone bills.
- Under the supervision of the HR & Admin. Manager, compile and submit MTN-CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every month.
- Liaise with external staff to schedule and organize in-house and external events.
- Assist the HR department in organizing staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Support in processing Work permits and Visas for non-Ugandan staff.
- Support international staff to identify suitable housing, and ensure that all rent for the office and international staff is paid on time.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- University degree in Human Resources, Business administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.