Job Title: Fresher Project Officer Resilience and Livelihood LSB Project – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Dokolo and Amolatar District
Reports to: Project Coordinator
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
To implement all project activities (support to quality seed production project through local seed business) in a timely and efficient manner that meets the donor requirements and contributes to sustained and improved child well-being.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs:
Project planning and implementation
- Implement all planned project activities with expertise and in a manner that leads to attainment of the project goal and outcomes.
- Participate in the identification/assessment and profiling of groups to be trained as LSBs. This includes both the already mapped and new groups to be identified
- Keep records of all project activities including project assets under custody/use, beneficiary list, partner list, assets or inputs provided, activity and monitoring reports, lists of children benefiting from project, etc
- Regularly develop and share monthly activity plans with the project coordinator
- Ensure 100% implementation of the planned project activities on a monthly basis and that budgets are not under and over spent
- Develop activity and budget tracking tool, and use on a monthly basis to track and report on activity and budget management
- Map or identify key stakeholders/actors in the targeted district(s) to work with or support in the implementation of the planned field activities
Community engagement and advocacy
- Take overall lead in the coordination of field level activities
- Mobilize, organize and strengthen the identified and interested groups in to very strong local seed businesses- LSBs are professionally organized
- Develop the capacity of each LSB group to improve production and productivity of selected enterprise(s) through demonstrations and training on the technical aspects of LSB- LSBs are technically equipped
- Ensure Integration of the project activities with other internal and external programmes including that of governments at the area program level/district
- Build the capacity of LSBs to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues- local level advocacy
- Mobilize project participants to participate in annual agricultural events – such as the national agricultural show in Jinja, World Food Day
- Mainstream gender, child protection, disability and sponsorship in to the project activities
- Facilitate small business development at the community level through business capacity and skills development of the project participants
- Represent World Vision Uganda in food security meetings at the sub county level when required
- Build strategic linkages, collaborations and networks with partners at the sub county/district level including strategically linking the LSBs with other value chain actors
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
- Prepare high quality progress reports, both narrative and quantitative information. Ensure that all reports are delivered according to high quality standards and are always submitted on time as per WVU and donor requirements.
- Organize and conduct monthly and/or quarterly reflection meetings with project participants to address keys issues that will be emerging from the community related to the project and child well-being issues
- Document and sharing of stories of transformation/success stories and best practices on a monthly basis to promote learning.
- Organize quarterly review meetings for partners and communities to reflect on progress on project activities and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning and debate
- Monitor and report on achievement of output and outcome indicators as planned
- Facilitate monitoring processes of the project activities with partners and communities
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Ensure a strict compliance to the WVU child safeguarding practices with respect to the child and adult safeguarding management policy, PSEA/code of conduct at all times; monitoring and reporting on compliance to child and adult safeguarding management policy standards in the project/project area.
- Mobilization and facilitation of communities, local organizations, local government and institutions to participate in Child protection designs, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation including reporting on child protection priorities
- Facilitate child and adult safeguarding policy dialogues and campaign interventions by ensuring linkages and coherence in engagements within the project and Area and National level, in the context of integrated ministry.
- Work closely with the line supervisor(s) to ensure integration of Peace & Child Protection interventions in the project including uptake and effective roll out of CP project models and approaches
- Facilitate effective and meaningful participation of children as agents of change in all project interventions/processes in line with WV Child Participation guidelines
- Engage with project partners to assess and address the existing child protection related issues in the community and ensure appropriate and timely reporting/action is undertaken on CP incidents
- Facilitate proper formation of Child protection working teams/groups/committees in line with World Vision systems approach to Child Protection.
- Facilitate child protection advocacy campaigns and engagements at community level to ensure policy implementation and change
- Build multi-sectoral linkages and community based initiatives, networks and coordination mechanisms in establishing and strengthening child protection prevention, response and referral pathways to allow a more efficient access to services for the MVC.
- Build skills and capacity of communities, CPCs, Para-social workers to work with other local duty-bearers & service providers to understand and independently carry-out child protection actions to effectively respond to child abuse cases in line with standard case management procedures and principles
- Organize and facilitate child protection related research activities through focus group discussions and interviews, with the guidance of the line supervisor(s)
Budget and asset management
- Manage project finances in line with WV and donor policies
- Budget management and control- project budget expenditure is within the planned time frame and approved budgets.
- Provide required support during project audit
- Asset management – manage assets for the project in line with assets and other policy and set guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum of a diploma in agriculture or agribusiness or any other relevant agricultural discipline. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in implementing agricultural projects in rural Uganda, most of which should have been as a direct field staff. Training and experience in implementing Local seed business is an added advantage
- Entrepreneurship, micro finance and strong agribusiness knowledge and skills
- Computer literate
- Writing and reporting skills
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle and with a valid riding permit
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 6th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.