Job Title: No Experience Assistant Accountant – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University Uganda
Makerere University Finance Department:
The finance department is strategically located in the Main Administration Block, Makerere University. It is headed by the Director of Finance/University Bursar. It has eight sections i.e. Halls/Student welfare, Grants/Sponsered Projects, Income Generating Unit, Salaries and Wages, Accounts, Expenditure and Payables, Reporting and Accountability; and Budget Monitoring.
Under the above sections there are sub-sections: Budgeting Section, Commitment Control Section, Cash Management & Revenue Section, Asset management and Stores management As a department of Makerere University, which is a non-profit making Institution, Finance Department is the Centre of all financial services in the University, responsible for maintaining the proper accounting system. It ensures that the financial activities are carried out effectively and efficiently. This is achieved through aligning, prioritizing, agreeing and communicating Plans, objectives and targets aiming at achieving a stakeholder focused strategy, which is consistent with the department mission, vision and values.
Support to operationalize the accounting function of the University.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the revenue Budget Preparation, monitoring & control.
• Maintain accounting records and reporting
• Monitor revenue and expenditure performance against budget
• Reconcile revenue collected to bank account
• Review accounting systems, identify weaknesses and propose improvements
• Contribute towards innovations, creativity and fundraising strategy
• Process payments and perform clerical works as assigned
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
An Honors degree in Commerce, Business Administration (Finance/Accounting, Finance & Accounting, Finance).
• Must be industrious and self-driven;
• Must be computer literate;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to with stand pressure;
• Able to lead and build teams;
• Financial management and budgeting skills;
How To Apply for the Makerere University Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online via the link below:
Deadline: 28th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.