Job Title: Senior Project Officer Education – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Job Location: Amudat
Starting date: August 2021
Reports to: Project Manager
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
The Amudat education project works towards contributing to education system that embraces all children while ensuring that education is embraced by Amudat Pokot community. ZOA together with the government and the community wants to work towards a sustainable education system that delivers quality, to ensure all children of Amudat complete primary school successfully. The project works to realize the three key pillars in education through: Achieving equitable access to relevant education; Ensuring delivery of quality teaching and learning and Improving efficiency and effectiveness of Amudat’s education system
The Senior Project Officer, with support from the Education Project Manager, is responsible for the day to day planning, and implementation of activities under the specific ZOA project(s) assigned to him/her.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Implements project activities in line with the project proposal to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
• Supports possible community volunteers in day to day implementation;
• Accounts timely for executed project activities in line with and according to relevant ZOA policies and guidelines;
• Ensures project outputs are consistent with project proposals, log frames and in line with quality standards and country policies;
• Oversees and ensures implementation is in line with standards and policies of both ZOA and government of Uganda;
• Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
• Provide inputs to implementation plans and activity/monthly reports;
• Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
• Prepare and submit well written success stories;
• Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by supervisor;
• Collect monitoring data according to ZOA’s systems and activities in the project;
• Actively participate in (technical) working groups and coordination meetings.
The Senior Project Officer does not supervise any staff as a direct supervisor but oversees the work of community volunteers.
Characteristics of role
The Project Officer will be based in Amudat. Regular field visits to the project locations.
The role is 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/ week). Working hours are outlined in the ZOA Uganda Conditions of Service. Some flexibility on working hours may be required, e.g. for travel at weekends, or during reporting times.
Minimum Qualifications for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
- Degree in Education, Development Studies, SWASA or other related relevant fields;
- At least 2 – 3 years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- Excellent facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
- Understanding of the local context, culture, and language(s);
- Experience with implementing projects funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Having worked in a project in collaboration with local government structures is an added advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Knowledge of local languages (Swahili and Pokot) will be an added advantage
• Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
• Innovative, creative and enthusiastic;
• Good computer skills: Ms Excel and Ms Word;
• Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
• Ability to drive a motorcycle with valid driving/riding license.
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
• Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
• Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
• Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
• Experience of working with People with Disabilities is a plus
Competencies – behaviour
Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity/)
• Good interpersonal, organizational and intercultural sensitivity
• Able to plan and coordinate and work in an organized manner
• Able to bridge differences and bring people together
• High integrity
• Able to work independently
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications to https://cvselection.net/Senior-project-officer-Education
Applications should only include the following: cover letter and an updated CV (with three professional referees) of which two must be 2 professional references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer, and 1 character reference could be your pastor or priest.
Indicate only ‘Application Senior Project Officer Education Amudat on the subject line. Qualified candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 23rd July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.