Job Title: Business & Enterprise Development Manager (RE:BUILD Project) (readvertised) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise and collaborate with KCCA, banks, CBOs, refugee-led organizations (RLOs), business incubation centers, mentors, training institutions, private sector and other project partners for smooth implementation of the project.
- Develop and sustain relationships with private and public enterprises and associations, NGOs, and bilateral and multilateral organizations that offer employment and/or support self-employment of refugees and vulnerable individuals in Kampala.
- Develop and sustain relationships with financial institutions that provide or could arrange financial products for refugees, vulnerable individuals and/ or their groups.
- Participate and advise on enterprise and business selection, provide insight into product development and competitive positioning of businesses.
- Work with the M&E and research team to conduct market research to identify new business and market opportunities.
- Develop proposals for existing and new businesses to reduce their costs, improve their profitability and design strategies for business growth.
- Assist RE:BUILD beneficiaries who are entrepreneurs look for formal and informal markets for their products and services as well source for appropriate and affordable inputs for their businesses
- Provide coaching and training to staff and clients.
- Provide financial literacy and business development trainings.
- Develop and submit monthly work plans to RE:BUILD Project Manager for review.
- Ensure that the monthly work plans are cognizant of the project work plan, indicator tracking sheet and spending plan
- Ensure all project activities under her/his control are completed within agreed timelines and ensure anticipated delays are communicated in time.
- Effectively track all program procurements for her/his team ensuring advance requisition are done and submitted to the supply chain department in time to avoid implementation delays.
- Participate in monthly review spending plan meetings led by the Project Manager or ERD Coordinator where need be.
- Participate in budget realignment discussions where necessary.
- Review activity specific budgets for his/her team for example trainings and ensure there is value for money.
Human resources administration and management
- Participate in the recruitment and orientation of new officers.
- Cultivate spirit of cohesion, teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect amongst Re:BUILD team members.
Coordination and representation
- Conduct courtesy visits to the offices of OPM, KCCA, Kampala City Divisions’ Chairpersons, ILO, UNCHR, WFP, other NGOs and collaborating partners.
- Attend Steering Review Group (SRG) meetings and ensure that the written summary report to be presented is reviewed by the RE:BUILD Project Manager two days prior to the meeting and also ensure documentation and share key issues from the meeting with the Project Manager on the same day of meeting.
- Collaborate effectively with other RE: BUILD departments and IRCs sectors and departments while receiving and providing technical assistance when needed.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- A minimum of a University degree in Business Management or Administration, Marketing, business development, SMEs, local economic development and related fields is essential; specialized training in project management or monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in implementing livelihoods and business development projects; with good aptitude of logical framework approach; experience with household income growth strategies
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent networking and liaison skills.
- Strong computer and analytical report writing skills.
- Alert in regards to security and detail oriented.
- Good knowledge of the low-income residential areas of Kampala City will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.