Job Title: WPE Deputy Coordinator – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: WPE Coordinator
Directly supervises: WPE Managers
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, education, economic recovery and development, protection, and prevention and response to gender-based violence (GBV). IRC has its country office in Kampala and works in Yumbe/Bidibidi, Arua/Imvepi and Rhino, Lamwo/Palabek, Karamoja region, Kyegegwa/Kyaka II, Kiryandongo, and Kampala-Urban
The Deputy Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Coordinator is responsible for program design, technical support, quality reporting, to ensure quality implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of all WPE activities in West Nile and Lawmo. Primary duties will include providing technical oversight of the sector across all sites in West Nile and Lamwo and strengthening relations with donors and the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM). He/she will lead the WPE managers in contributing to the program design, quality and timely implementation of all aspects of WPE programming, and ensure that all interventions are technically sound, follow international best practices, and are appropriate in meeting the needs of women and girls and affected communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program design and implementation
- In collaboration with WPE Coordinator and WPE managers, oversee the quality of design, monitoring and evaluation of WPE programming, in alignment with IRC’s best practices.
- Lead the WPE managers and M&E team in the development of program monitoring tools and contextualization of IRC technical training materials as needed.
- Lead and coordinate the development of new proposals, budgets and initiatives for WPE program in West Nile in accordance with the strategic plan and IRC WPE strategies.
- In consultation with the WPE Coordinator, lead settlement specific needs identification to inform proposal development, program design and budgets
- With guidance from the WPE Coordinator, work with WPE field teams to implement the Strategic Action Plan (SAP) priorities for Uganda, including program alignment with relevant theories of change and the sector strategy
- Initiate cross-departmental collaboration and coordination with ERD, Health and Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) colleagues in implementation of the Uganda SAP outcomes
- Support the field teams in development of sector annual and quarterly work plans with clear objectives, indicators and targets.
Program and Budget Management
- Take responsibility for follow-up on direct program implementation, including monitoring timely implementation of workplans, procurement plans and spending plans while ensuring their consistent utilization.
- Lead the preparation of program reports and other information as required by donors and the WPE Technical Unit while maintaining good quality and timely reports.
- Lead budget discussions for any realignments and changes at the field level and in consultation with the Coordinator.
- Conduct monthly review meetings with WPE managers on indicator and budget spending progress
- Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are being followed by program staff.
- Actively participate in Grants Opening, Mid-Term and Closing meetings and take action.
- In collaboration with program managers, review Budget vs. Actual expenditure for WPE programs on a monthly basis.
- Bring any over/under expenditure issues to the attention of the Field Coordinators, WPE Coordinator and the Program Managers in a timely manner and jointly develop corrective plans in collaboration with the DDP, finance and the Grants team.
Human resource development and management
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, mentorship, guidance and technical support to the program managers, and ensure all WPE staff adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation.
- Establish regular and direct communication lines with all the program managers.
- Support and guide department recruitments within this period in close collaboration with the HR leads in the field locations.
- Lead and conduct technical interviews of candidates for WPE program manager positions
- Work with managers to put capacity development plans in place for the WPE teams based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Support the Performance Management processes ensuring all staff adherence to the standards and principles
Representation, Coordination and Advocacy
- In coordination with the WPE Coordinator, actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in West Nile and Lamwo including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Establish networks with UN, INGOs, and local partners to promote technical capacity and develop strategic partnerships.
- Participate and represent the WPE program in sector working group meetings.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Advanced degree in development studies, public health, social studies, gender studies, or another related field.
- At least five years of GBV/VAWG programming experience in the humanitarian sector, including two years of international management experience in GBV/VAWG programming.
- Familiarity with key donor regulations such as UNHCR, BPRM and ECHO.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with the UN, donors, INGOs and other stakeholders.
- GBV technical skills and knowledge and demonstrated ability to design/develop technical materials and deliver trainings/workshops, including understanding of core GBV survivor care principles and ethical concerns surrounding the collection, management, and sharing of sensitive survivor data.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in complex program design and monitoring; strong analytical and strategic planning skills; experience developing and monitoring budgets, work plans and other program management tools.
- Demonstrated team management skills with medium or large-size teams; experience with remote team management a plus.
- Ability and interest to work with a diverse and multicultural team in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner; strong inter-personal communication skills.
- Experience with the development and management of research initiatives as well as information management systems and data analysis a plus.
- Excellent analytical, writing skills and fluency in English.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.