Job Title: Fresher Livelihoods Assistant (Permaculture) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Impevi
Reports to: CASH and Livelihoods Officer
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Livelihoods Assistant is responsible for supporting DRC’s Resilience Coordinator to develop, implementation and monitoring of permaculture intervention in Imvepi refugee settlement. The assistant will be instrumental in training and advising households on matters related to permaculture, household gardens, agroforestry and household energy production.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Support DRC’s Resilience Coordinator to conduct needs assessments
- Beneficiary identification, registration and selection for permaculture activities
- Training and advising households on matters related to household-level vegetable production
- Planning and management of household permaculture demonstration plots
- Report household and project progress against work plans on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Embrace innovative ways to applying permaculture at the household level
- Capacity building for households on post-harvest processing, including storage and packaging
- Facilitate in the distribution of tools and inputs to project beneficiaries
- Take part in budget monitoring and tracking of expenditure on agricultural activities
- Prepare and apply appropriate tools to be used for monitoring and reporting on beneficiary progress
- Document success stories and project milestones as well as best practices
- Any other assignment by the supervisor, including preparation of logistic, procurement and finance requirements.
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum 2 years’ experience setting up and implementing permaculture projects preferably with an NGO in a refugee/IDP setting.
- Good facilitation skills especially in vegetable production
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other relevant computer applications
- Able to adapt to changing program priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities
- Hands-on community mobilization skills
- Preferably Degree in Agriculture or Agri-economics or any other related field. Knowledge in perma-garden will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of local language will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 6th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.