Job Title: Junior Accountant – TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: TechnoServe Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Junior Financial Controller
TechnoServe Uganda Profile
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Supports the operational implementation & oversight of the programs. S/he will be responsible for data input into the finance system, payments processing, record keeping, reporting, budgets & budget monitoring, accurate financial & management reporting and analysis, and ensuring compliance with statutory and organization requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of all finance and Administrative information
- Participate in data recording into the procurement system, Frevvo and the finance system, Serenic Navigator
- Ensure that all processes and procurements adhere to corporate policy, legal, contractual obligations, and donor regulations
- Review invoices, accountabilities and other information presented to the finance department for payment processing for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure timely processing of staff/vendors invoices and payments, manage petty cash float and proper documentation of all financial records
- Ensure that TNS programs are implemented with sound financial and administrative practices through efficient management of project funds and timely processing of payments
- Management of project funds; ensure that funds are disbursed in line with set activities/ budget and that accountabilities are submitted in a timely manner
- Participate in annual budget preparation and mid-year reviews
- Preparation of monthly cash reports and monthly cash needs to ensure availability of funds
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close as well as regular reconciliation of G/L accounts in the finance system
- Work closely with program team to ensure that project work plans and financial planning are in sync
- Assist to coordinate External/internal Audits and ensure implementation of agreed recommendations
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns including NSSF, PAYE, WHT, VAT
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree in Accounting and part II qualification of any professional course ACCA, CPA is an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position with International NGO or development agencies.
- Experience using e-payment systems.
- OR A Master’s degree and 1 years’ experience
Competency is a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) directly related to successful performance on the job.
Core Competencies include:
- Integrity and honesty: Is widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; presents truthful information in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Team Work/ Relationships: Works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member and/or leader, to achieve a common goal. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and networks.
- Learning attitude: Proactively takes advantage of opportunities to learn. Actively identifies new areas for learning; applies and shares new knowledge and skill appropriately.
- Diversity/Inclusiveness: Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation for diversity and supports diversity efforts. Interacts effectively with and inclusively with people of all races, cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, ages, and genders.
- Communication: Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Listens effectively; shares information, ideas and arguments; adjusts terminology, language and communication modes to the needs of the audience; ensures accurate understanding; acts in a way that facilitates open exchange of ideas and information; uses appropriate non-verbal communication.
- Decision making/Problem Solving: Is able to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- Results Oriented/ High Quality Deliverables: Stays focused on the efforts necessary to achieve quality results consistent with programmatic or departmental goals. Demonstrates the ability to achieve effective results; works persistently to overcome obstacles to goal achievement. Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Planning & Time Management: Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal. Effectively plans, schedules, prioritizes and controls activities; identifies, integrates and orchestrates resources (people, material, information, budget, and/or time) to accomplish goals. Prioritizes work according to the program or department’s goals, not just own job responsibilities; manages own time effectively.
- Business Acumen: The ability to use information, ask the right questions and take decisions that make an impact on the overall business performance.
Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use specific computer programs or applications for own functional area. Has the ability to improve performance by integrating new and existing technology into the workplace.
- Financial & Resource Management: an important competency program staff must possess to enable them budget properly based on facts and change course when necessary, knowledge of finance to develop and manage budgets.
- Internal Client Focus: Client Focus is based on the ability to understand the client’s needs and concerns in the short to long-term and to provide sound recommendations and/or solutions.
- Compliance & Governance: Compliance with and knowledge of company policies, applicable legislation, grant requirements, donor contracts, the local labor code and tax laws.
How To Apply for TechnoServe Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.