Job Title: Finance & Administration Assistant – NIRAS Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Uganda
We are a value-driven, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy fundamentally committed to sustainable progress and service delivery.
Through our more than 7,000 current projects, we provide a great contribution to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals. In our own day-to-day work, we emphasise accountability and ethics.
We are a signatory to the UN Global Compact and a member of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC). Consequently, we are committed to upholding a number of international principles.
We work systematically with a Business Integrity Management System as a tool to prevent any kind of corruption and bribery. Our policies are in accordance with OECD and FIDIC recommendations.
To support the Country Office Director in maintaining accurate and reliable accounting records, complying with local tax regulations and other administrative tasks.
Roles and responsibilities:
A: ORGANISATIONAL ACCOUNTING AND ADMINISTRATION
- Accurate processing and posting of transactions into the accounting system in line with accrual basis of accounting.
- Process payments in line with financial management procedures and ensure transactions are properly supported.
- Liaising with the regional finance team at the African Head Office (AHO) to extract data and reports to deliver timely and accurate financial results in line with with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Assist in payroll accounting including specifications of reimbursed costs, allowances, and any other specifics.
- Assist the AHO in preparing budgets and cash forecasts and ensuring the country office complies with the budget.
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly accounts and management information for the country office.
- Support projects in raising invoices to clients, European head offices and other country offices, and following up payment.
- Updating accounts payables and receivables and ensuring internal and external clients have up to date information of projects in the country office.
- Treasury functions including reconciliation of main bank and cash accounts, overseeing banking facilities, petty cash accounting, and cash flow reporting.
- Ensuring effective management of multiple foreign currencies and negotiating exchange rates with the bank.
- Prepare for and assist to coordinate the annual audit and following up implementation of audit recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining controls over fixed assets including tagging of assets and annual physical verifications.
- Maintain a schedule of regular utility bills and follow-up on bills to ensure they are paid before the due date.
- Ensure proper filing of both computerized and physical accounting records
- Regular backup of the computerized accounting system.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
B.TAX AND COMPLIANCE
- Preparation, payment, and timely filing of statutory taxes such as PAYE, Withholding tax, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Work with the AHO regional finance team to monitor and align with the NIRAS transfer pricing policy.
C: PROJECT ACCOUNTING
- Overseeing project accounting for ongoing projects.
- In liaison with project managers monitoring project budgets and expenditure and providing advice on project expenditure.
- Checking the accuracy of costs charged by sub-contractors and compliance with their contracts.
- Preparing sales ledger invoices for projects in compliance with the terms of the client’s contracts.
- Providing project managers with up-to-date financial information on projects to allow them to make informed decisions.
- Inputting project data into the accounting system.
- Ensuring all project revenue is promptly and fully invoiced and collected according to contractual terms.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Accurate and complete bookkeeping and reporting.
- Accurate cash forecasts and monthly budget forecasts.
- Timely preparation of payroll and payment of salaries.
- Timely payment of taxes and filling of tax returns on or before the due date.
- Timely preparation of monthly and annual reports as per the specified due date.
- Maintaining strong internal controls and ensuring compliance with financial management procedures.
- Timely follow up and implementation of audit recommendations.
- Bachelors with full or part qualifications in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CPA or ACA) or equivalent with 3 years’ minimum accounting experience in a busy company setting
- Good working knowledge in internet-based accounting system i.e., Quick books
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Ability to present information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to quickly change work practices and hours and ensure a fast turnaround for urgent tasks.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
How To Apply for NIRAS Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates should submit their applications which include a detailed CV, cover letter and contacts of 3 references via email to JUKI@niras.com and STOP@niras.com. Hardcopies will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 9th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.