Job Title: Field Finance Manager (FFM) – ABA Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the ABA is only considering applications of those based in Uganda at the time of application.
Proposed Start Date: September 2021
Duration: 10 months (Full Time) with the possibility of extension
The American Bar Association, founded August 21, 1878, is a voluntary bar association of lawyers and law students, which is not specific to any jurisdiction in the United States.
The American Bar Association, Rule of Initiative (ABA ROLI) is seeking a Field Finance Manager (FFM) to support its program from its office in Kampala. The FFM will be responsible for supporting a range of finance and logistics matters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement administrative systems, including personnel, finance, budgeting, property, customs/shipping, procurement, travel, and mail.
- Prepare monthly payslip and payments to tax and social security offices.
- Organize expense receipts, assign budget codes, input key information into Quickbooks.
- Compile monthly expense report and respond to inquiries.
- Prepare the monthly cash forecast.
- Ensures compliance with organization’s procurement policies and proper allocation of costs for procurement.
- Assist the Program Manager with the office banking including drafting of checks, inter-bank transfers and other banking documents.
- Maintains administrative records through both electronic and hard copy means. Fully ensures the confidentiality of records.
- Obtains pro forma quotes from vendors on the local market for goods and services.
- Maintains inventory for office.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with government offices, banks and vendors.
Logistical support to program
- Support planning and implementation of project activities including workshops, trainings, and meetings
- Make logistical arrangements to support project activities
- Attend program events to assist the Program Manager on logistical matters.
- Create checklists and track travel and workshop logistics
- Interface with program partners on workshop, travel, and other logistics
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Must have a strong knowledge of Finance laws, procedures, management and experience policies related to the procurement of goods and services.
- At least two-years of proven administrative or assistant experience. Experience with NGOs and/or INGOs will be regarded as an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience supporting financial functions of an organization including event logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance or related field.
- Good administrative skills and experience organizing large amounts of paper and data.
- Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and QuickBooks.
- Must be a resourceful and creative individual who can design flexible options to respond to organizational needs.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with effective interpersonal skills/relationships.
- Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, and attention to detail.
How To Apply for ABA Uganda Jobs 2021
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
Deadline: 21st August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.