Job Title: Fresher IT Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kasangati, Wakiso, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The IT Assistant will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining computer network systems. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all the study computers are functioning properly and up-to-date with the latest software and operating system patches.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setup and configure study computers, peripherals, printers, scanners, and assign account security level for each team member
- Assist in troubleshooting, repairing, and maintenance of study computers
- Assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose hardware versus software problems
- Install office software and configure antivirus software on all study computers
- Assist end-users with network connections both wired and wireless networks
- Reviews site study electronic records for completeness, accuracy, consistency, and compliance to identify deficiencies and discrepancies
- Perform and maintain QA/QC on the study semi-processed data
- Provide input in the development of study SOP
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as may be needed from time to time.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Bachelor of Information Systems from a recognized university/institution
- An applicant with at least one year of experience as an IT Assistant in a research set up
- Must have NIDA clinical trials training in a busy clinical trial research setting shall be at an added advantage
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 31st July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.