Job Title: Case Management Officer – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Health Organisation (WHO)
Job Location: Kampala
World Health Organisation (WHO) Profile:
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the WHO Country Representative and reporting to the Incident Manager (IM), the incumbent shall perform the following tasks;
- Support clinical management, including participating in direct clinical care of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases while observing effective Infection Prevention and Control measures (IPC).
- Develop and implement drills on specific skills that enhance the capabilities of the health workers at the COVID-19 treatment centres.
- Develop and implement appropriate trainings to enhance case management and IPC skills among the health workers in the treatment centres.
- Support health facilities in upgrading standards and practice in IPC treament centres.
- Improve by appropriate means the availability, quality, presentation and utilization of clinical date and information and to recommend appropriate priority actions to WHO, Ministry of Health, and districts.
- Use the results of analysis of clinical data to identify priority areas and actions to reduce the risk of amplification of outbreak prone diseases in the health facilities.
- Support monitoring of the health of health workers working in COVID -19 treatment centres and districts in line with WHO and MOH guidance.
- Support the collection of daily statistics on case management from the centres where deployed as well as other treatment centres if needed.
Candidate must possess minimum of a MBChB degree or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution. He/she must be registered with Medical & Dental Practitioners Council.
Prior humanitarian working experience at field level with WHO, other UN agency or with an international Non-Governmental organziation.
Training in the clinical management of COVID-19 or related infection prevention is higly desirable.
At least one year of clinical practice experience post internership in a busy setting involiving management of all range of patients including paediatrics and adult patients.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Clinical practice experience/post internship in a busy setting involving management of all range of patients including paediatrics and adult patients.
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.