Job Title: Fresher Logistics Assistant (Zonal Office) – EDC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Jinja, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
About USAID ICYD Project:
EDC is implementing the USAID ICYD Project. The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives.
The Logistics Assistant (Zonal Office) will be responsible for full logistical support for his or her zonal office. ICYD expects to hire one full time Logistics Assistant, one zonal office in Jinja. S/he will support activities related to provision and distribution of Teaching and Learning Materials (TLMs), the effective and efficient management of trainings and workshops and will be the focal person for the management of assets, vehicle fleet, consumable supplies, and zonal office infrastructure maintenance and repair. The Logistics Assistant will report to the Senior Zone Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Direct program support
- Coordinates with the headquarters and zonal office team in the efficient distribution and delivery of Teaching and Learning Materials (TLMs) and other inputs to schools and communities and other system recipients;
- Provides logistics for training, including large scale training and workshops;
- Manages logistics arrangements for high level and routine project activities, including transport, hotel bookings, conference and workshop facilities.
- Assures maintenance and repair of all zonal office infrastructure including the following:
- Electrical installations including office and expatriate staff generators;
- Plumbing and water installations including water reservoirs and water pump;
- Exterior compound; and building walls, floors, ceilings, roof, windows.
- Establishes and updates list of preferred vendors: electricians, plumbers, carpenters, masons, mechanics, groundskeepers and other craftspeople;
- Supported by the Senior Zone Manager, supervises security guards, cleaners and any other personnel involved in the upkeep and security of zonal office infrastructure and assets;
- Ensures that the zonal office is organized so as to increase efficiency, give the best appearance and to enhance the working environment of staff.
Driver and vehicle management
- Supported by the Senior Zone Manager, establishes and implements systems and procedures for the management of
- Driver and vehicle schedules;
- Vehicle rental;
- Vehicle logbooks;
- Maintenance and repairs of vehicles;
- Vehicle inspections;
- Monthly vehicle usage reports;
- Up to date vehicle registration and insurance;
- Complete and up to date vehicle files at all times;
- Security and safety of vehicles and passengers.
Fixed assets management
- Assures maintenance and repair of all fixed assets;
- Ensures system is in place for tracking all fixed assets;
- Organizes and oversees at least annual physical inventory of all fixed assets;
- Updates fixed assets database as and when changes take place;
- Issues fixed assets reports on at least semi-annual basis or upon request;
- Issues fixed assets to custodians;
- Maintains disposition and damaged inventory list;
- Arranges for disposal of assets when necessary following USAID regulations.
Liaise with and support Kampala headquarters Logistics Manager as necessary for all the above functions
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the project’s learning agenda and actively participate in Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project;
- Undertake other associated tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- The ideal candidate should have completed secondary education. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in a relevant field preferred.
- At least two years of successful experience in a similar position;
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with staff at all levels in the organization
- Experience working with USAID and PEPFAR funded projects will be an advantage;
- Must be proactive, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure.
- Language: Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.