Job Title: 2 Assistant Project Engineers – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Job Location: Amudat & Rhino Camp (West Nile)
Reports to: Project Engineer/ Project Manager
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
The Assistant Project Engineer will assist in the construction project. Will contribute to the planning and design of the project, allocating resources to each of the project stages and overseeing the engineering processes of the construction project.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provides technical support in engineering activities during technical design and implementation. Prepares technical drawings and design for engineering structures in line with pre-approved guidelines and develops bills of quantities;
- Ensures and obtains approval and recommendation from the district engineering department for construction works;
- Ensures construction works conform to environmental standards and within the legal frameworks of GOU;
- Ensures that contractors adhere to the ZOA code of conducts and ZOA child protection policy;
- Participates actively in site and coordination meetings of the respective settlements;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project;
- Provide timely and accurate progress. report to supervisor for reporting purposes;
- Prepare and submit well written success stories;
- Supervise all construction works and provide technical advice to contractors, ZOA and makes recommendations to PM;
- Verifies completion of works and prepare all certificates of payments;
- Reports to the supervisor on construction works with weekly reports supported by quality pictures of various construction sites;
- Provide any other verbal and written reports to ZOA management as required;
Minimum Qualifications for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
- Experience with design programmes like ARCH CAD or AUTO CAD;
- Degree or Diploma in civil engineering, civil engineering technology or similar;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position as construction engineer or hardware activities in the relevant field of specialization;
- Experience in working in large projects with hardware activities funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Understanding of the local contexts culture and languages is an added advantages. Good spoken and command of English;
Skills & Attitude
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity, Flexibility.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Self-motivator and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit.
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the required qualification, experience, knowledge, skills, and attitude should send their applications to: https://cvselection.net/engineering-assistant
Deadline: 12th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.