Nature Uganda Jobs 2021 – Project Officer
Job Title: Project Officer – Nature Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Nature Uganda
Job Location: Kampala with frequent movements to other programme sites across the country
Reports to: Project Coordinators
Nature Uganda Profile:
To support the overall Project implementation process and take leadership in ensuring its effective implementation at field level. He or She will be responsible for ensuring close linkage and working relationship with the National partners, District Local Governments in the project areas as well as other partner NGOs and organizations in the respective landscape.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key tasks of the position
- Be responsible for initiating strategic community programmes that are in line with NatureUganda areas of work and project requirements.
- Organize, guide and direct day to day project activities in accordance with the approved project documents and work plans.
- Prepare reports and budgets for implementation of activities and ensure proper implementation of approved activities.
- Support the Project Coordinators in managing technical, financial, including maintenance of detailed and accurate accounts in delegated roles.
- Prepare and submit routine and timely technical reports and financial reports regarding project progress.
- Promote partnerships especially district local governments in project areas and other key partners involved in the project to ensure that they deliver on their tasks.
- Represent the project and/or NatureUganda as necessary and at appropriate formal meetings/functions/occasions on matters related to the project.
- Ensure that all project activities undertaken are contributing towards the approved objectives of the project and are in accordance with the programmatic framework of the project document
- Coordinate the integration of project activities into the project and work plans of partner organizations particularly local government with a view of securing synergies, improving their capacity and ensuring sustainability of the project interventions.
- Support the implementation of restoration project within the Albertine Rift and West Nile regions
- Provide expert input and take lead on the implementation of the technical component in Wetland and woodland restoration, and other related activities in community capacity building and livelihoods development
- Support the development and implementation of habitat and or landscape restoration and management plans
- Provide technical support for the development and implementation of community-based
wetland and woodland conservation initiatives
- Take lead in the planning, budgeting and implementation of project activities
- Coordinate stakeholder engagements, networking and collaborations within the project areas and at National level
- Supervise and monitor project activities and ensure synergies with other project partners
- Effectively represent NatureUganda and the project in district and regional networks including funders networks, host community and refugee networks
- Take lead in reporting and documenting project outcomes and lessons from implementation
Capacity building of partners
- Build capacity of collaborating partners as well as the local community to participate in the project conservation efforts
- Work closely with NGOs and other partners in implementing, guiding and monitoring of community participation in project activities to ensure that community work is fully integrated and supports program objectives.
- Support and liaise with other partners on capacity building programmes
- Provide training in community participation methods and approaches to team members and other NGO partners.
- Take lead in the development and implementation of communication and advocacy strategy at site level.
- Take lead in integrating gender and gender mainstreaming at all times during the implementation of the project
Administration and management
- In liaison with the Project Coordinator, develop elaborate activity work plans and budgets for implementation of project activities at site level and ensure adherence to the approved plans
- Be responsible for monitoring restoration, conservation and community development field activities at project sites
- Organize and facilitate community training meetings and workshops in related/relevant fields
- Oversee the recruitment and deployment of community conservation champions in the project sites
- Take lead in the design of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for the project.
- Liaise with the project partners, local government extension staff and civil society organizations as well as other initiatives operating in the project areas for synergies.
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the field activities
- You must produce and file monthly staff timesheets for all activities undertaken not later than the first week of the subsequent month
- To participate in the broader activities of NatureUganda including membership and fundraising activities
Minimum Qualifications for Nature Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management, conservation biology, or related Natural Sciences and related disciplines. An MSc or relevant Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Experience in Community Development and Social works will be relevant to the work that is involved under this project.
- Working knowledge of strategic planning processes, proposal development, project reporting and donor relations.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in areas such as wetland restoration, forest management, Landscape management, forest and woodland restoration, climate change mitigation, water catchment management and Agroforestry.
- Experience in the development of participatory management plans
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English and good facilitator of meetings.
- Experience in managing EU-funded projects is an added advantage
How To Apply for Nature Uganda Jobs 2021
Qualified candidates should send their online applications including a motivation letter, detailed CV, academic documents, contacts of two professional referees to:
The Executive Director
P.O.Box 27034 Kampala
Applicants are advised to: a) Apply ON-LINE b) Scan and submit relevant documents (Academic Transcripts and Professional Documents, other supporting documents) and sent online. c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Ensure the email subject contains your name and job applied e) Where possible obtain
recommendation from a person in a relevant field.
The closing date for applications is 31st August 2021. Applicants who will not have received feedback 10 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Deadline: 31st August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.