Job Title: Program Officer (TB DSD) – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala – MOH
Reports to: Principal Medical Officer – NTLP
Ministry of Health Profile:
Uganda has graduated into the second wave of COVID-19 with a sharp increase in the number of asymptomatic, severe and critical cases as well as a significant change in the disease profile. This requires adequate resources both human and financial to contain the spread and to save lives. The ICU capacity in the entire country needs to be stepped up immediately. The medical fraternity is facing challenges of managing overwhelming emergencies without sufficient resources and highly motivated teams.
The program officer TB DSD will be the focal point for TB DSD related matters at the NTLP responsible for coordinating implementation guidelines development, planning, capacity building, and monitoring the implementation of the TB-DSD strategy as part of the TB patient centered approach. More so coordinate the adaptation and implementation of the TB-DSD strategy in line with MoH policies and guidelines in the country.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Providing technical, strategic leadership and programmatic direction for the implementation of TB DSD.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to develop of the TB DSD implementation guidelines, standard operating procedures and job aides
- Coordinating sub national level implementation and scale up of the TB DSD strategy
- Coordinating the national and sub national level capacity building including targeted technical supervision and mentorship
- Providing technical support and participating in operations research initiatives on TB DSD
- Monitoring and evaluation of TB DSD program implementation.
- Preparing high level summary progress reports for stakeholder updates
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by the responsible Officer.
- Coordination meetings with Implementing Partners and other key stakeholders held.
- TB DSD implementation guidelines developed and implemented
- Strategies for monitoring the roll-out of the TB DSD developed and implemented
- Periodic reports on the roll out of TB DSD compiled and shared with the Assistant commissioner – NTLP and key stakeholders as per the set periodic indicators.
- DSD related research initiatives supported
- Nation and Sub-national level capacity building activities coordinated and implemented.
Key performance indicators
- National TB DSD Task force constituted
- Monthly/ Quarterly coordination meetings
- Up to date normative guidance on the TB DSD strategy including models
- Sub-national level coverage of the TB DSD strategy
- TB DSD contribution to TB treatment coverage, treatment success, TB preventive treatment coverage
- Targeted mentorship and support supervision on pediatric TB
- Monthly updates on pediatric TB submitted to the Assistant Commissioner and supervisor.
- Resource mobilization
- MBChB degree or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Candidates possessing Master’s degree in Internal Medicine or Public Health will have added advantage.
- Must be registered with the Uganda medical and dental practitioners’ council with a valid practicing license.
- Three (3) years relevant working experience in implementing public health TB and HIV/AIDS programs at national level
- Program management skills
- Analytical skills & ability to interpret data for the better performance of the program
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry),
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Tel. +256417-712260/ +256417-712221
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
Closing Date: Friday, 10th September 2021 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.