Job Title: Graphics Designer – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health
Ministry of Health Profile:
The Ministry of Health is a cabinet-level government ministry of Uganda. It is responsible for planning, delivering, and maintaining an efficient and effective healthcare delivery system, including preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services, in a humane, affordable, and sustainable manner.
About the Project:
Uganda has graduated into the second wave of COVID-19 with a sharp increase in the number of asymptomatic, severe, and critical cases as well as a significant change in the disease profile. In this regard, Ministry of Health with support from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions for a period of 12-months on non gratuitable local contract terms to support the national response against COVID-19.
To provide technical advice and guidance to Ministry of Health (MOH) to develop graphics, illustrations, reports, publications regarding the COVID-19 response and other health promotion and education materials for improved health service delivery.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites
- Determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- The ideal applicant should possess either a Bachelor of Industrial and Fine Arts, Visual Communication Design, Fine Art Graphic Design, or equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Possession of a master’s degree in arts or a related field would be of added advantage.
- Strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who can offer a variety of design solutions.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; After Effects and Premiere Pro skills are preferred.
- Good awareness of design trends and creative thinking, as well as expert knowledge in graphic production process.
- Adaptable and a quick learner. Able to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for the client.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, oral, and written
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience, in graphics design for health programs
- Extensive exposure to professional graphic design environment with proven working experience of at least five years as a Graphic Designer is required.
- Experience ensuring brand consistency while proofing materials and assets.
- Strong background in color theory, typography, web design, illustration, and printing procedure.
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates should submit written applications to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, P. O. Box 7272, Kampala, Uganda Attention: Commissioner, Human Resource Management and deliver them to the reception desk in the main Tent in the Ministry compound on Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Nakasero between 8:00am and 3:00pm on working days. Candidates who wish to apply online should send their applications to UHSS-HRH@uhss.co.ug
Closing Date: 10th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.