Job Title: Communications & Training Fellow – Youth Challenge International Jobs 2021
Organization: Youth Challenge International (YCI)
Duty Station: Kampala and Mpigi, Uganda
Volunteer Placement Duration: October 4, 2021 – February 18, 2022
Time Commitment: 37.5 hours/week
Daily Stipend: A stipend will be received by National Fellows to help cover the costs incurred to participate in the program
Youth Challenge International (YCI) Profile
Youth Challenge International (YCI) is a leading global youth development organization that promotes youth innovation to drive positive change. Together with our partners we create market ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper; we are driven by youth and their potential to affect positive change in the world. Our solutions are focused – always keeping the young people we are designing for and with at the center of the conversation. Our approach is rooted in creativity and constantly evolving to respond to changing needs and market realities. YCI is an organization where diversity and talent come together to shape a better future for youth around the world.
Join the YCI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to help measure and report on the results of the new HerStart Innovate the Future program, which provides social entrepreneurship training and resources for young women in Tanzania, Uganda and Ghana. Apply your data collection, analysis and reporting skills to the critical topics of women’s empowerment, climate action and social entrepreneurship to further build the capacity of the YCI team and local partners. This is an opportunity to strengthen your CV with monitoring, evaluation and organizational learning experience. In the process, learn more about pivotal frameworks that are shaping the future of work and social impact globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage in and complete orientation training modules on diverse topics including social entrepreneurship, climate action and gender equality
- Support the team in improving, designing, editing and testing trainings, platforms and resources for the HerStart social entrepreneurship programs
- Support with the outreach, recruitment and ongoing mentorship of participants
- Help to facilitate organizational learning and capacity strengthening engagements with local partners
- Support in the development and promotion of communications materials for the program, including internal program updates and the HerStory Podcast series
- Contribute high quality resources and opportunities to the HerStart Toolkit and Resources Database
- Collaborate virtually with staff, partners and fellows in each country to coordinate program logistics and engage in the overall HerStart community
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Experience in facilitating trainings, developing educational resources and designing communications materials
- Passion for learning, facilitation and supporting the knowledge and skill development of others
- Strong communications and design skills with high attention to detail
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of diverse platforms and interest in learning new ones (including Canva, Slack, Airtable and Mighty Networks)
- Strong organization, teamwork and time management skills in virtual settings
- Ability to be proactive, flexible and take initiative
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes openness to differing opinions and views
- Must be currently living in Mpigi or Kampala and able to commute to the YCI office
- Ability to commit to full 4-month placement
- Professional level English skills (written and verbal)
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or have the equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated interest in the fields of international cooperation, gender equality and/or social entrepreneurship
- Flexibility in schedule (able to attend trainings and meetings, sometimes coordinated across different time zones)
- Proficiency in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Note: Individuals of all demographic, academic and professional backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply, particularly women.
Benefits of a Fellowship
- Contribute to women’s economic empowerment: Connect and collaborate with young women, communities and global partners to help grow the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Amplify your personal and professional growth: Whether you’re a recent grad, mid-career or experienced professional, you’ll receive unique opportunities to boost your CV and build transferable skills, such as cross-cultural communication, project management, research and more.
- Access high quality training and resources: You’ll receive specialized training and resources from our global partners who are subject matter experts in their fields, including gender equality, social enterprise, monitoring and evaluation and climate action.
- Be part of an international network: You’ll connect with like-minded, passionate Canadians, partner organizations and youth around the globe. Joining this network will include first access to future YCI opportunities, domestically and internationally.
How To Apply for Youth Challenge International Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.