Job Title: Accounts Assistant – Nurture Africa Jobs 2021
Organization: Nurture Africa (NA)
Job Location: Wakiso, Uganda
Nurture Africa (NA) Profile:
Nurture Africa (NA) is a Non-Governmental Organisation operating in Wakiso, Terego and Mubende Districts. Nurture Africa (NA)’s prides itself on delivering efficient and effective solutions to vulnerable people, through a wide range of programmes. NA runs different activities that support and help those who are most vulnerable to become empowered.
The Accounts Assistant will be part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate Accounting and finance function. She/ he assists in the administration of the financial functions using a variety of computer software and systems to perform duties. Normally exercises financial judgment in selecting and applying established procedures correctly and in determining when to refer problems to the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Posting and updating financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounts IQ system, according to instructions with speed and accuracy.
- Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and corrects errors.
- Monitor budget implementation and determine / recommend reallocation of funds when and where necessary
- Continuously monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels, and that delivery targets are met
- Review the payments requirements and ensure targets and milestones are in alignment with the payment schedule and cash flow projections as well as monitor all payments and requisitions against approved budgets.
- Monitor petty cash and ensure timely disbursement as well as replenishment
- Perform banking duties
- Adhere to procedures set out in financial policy and apply the necessary controls in place to minimize any risks that may occur.
- Ensuring that statutory obligations are timely filed including PAYE, NSSF, withholding tax, income tax and Local Service Tax
- Produce and reconcile computer generated with manual cash books and ledgers, and pass to Finance Manager to authorize any corrections if any
- Participate in financial monitoring and reporting on the Sub-grant between Nurture Africa and IDI on a monthly basis through Financial Reports, Budget Vs Actual Reporting (Burn Rate).
- Retrieves system reports and makes sure that there are no material errors and misstatements.
- Participate in contributing to the drawing up of budgets during the yearly budget setting process and production of sound and accurate budgetary information to budget holders including the monitoring of budgetary performance and the investigation and reporting of material variances.
- Assist in the planning, production and review of monthly and year-end financial statements including the Income statement, Balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Participate in donor reporting as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Receive and review accountabilities and ensure that the proper and appropriate supporting documents are attached
- Reconcile control accounts by accurately capturing the assets and liabilities in the ledgers and quickly and accurately resolve all differences and maintain a fixed asset register.
- Keep accurate record of all financial transactions daily entries using financial policies and procedures
- Participate in discussions of audit findings and recommendations with operational team appropriate with a view to obtaining their implementation within a timescale which is sufficiently realistic to be effective in the organisation.
- Ensure that all financial documents are properly filed
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a degree in Accounting and Finance, Business administration or any other related financial course and most probably a CPA Level II and above or any other related Professional Course.
- Demonstrates a commitment to further education finance field
- Critical thinking, listening and feedback skills,
- Excellent financial management skills
- Ability to handle cash appropriately and be accountable for all funds
- Excellent Ms. excel skills and power point
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action
- Clear understanding of finance ethics and donor compliance
- High level of Integrity
How To Apply for Nurture Africa Jobs 2021
Applications should be sent by email addressed to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com with title of the position applied for in the subject-line OR you can hand deliver your applications at Nurture Africa Head office or Medical Centre. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be in a position to cover their own travel expenses to interview. Given the number of applications received, we shall only contact shortlisted candidates. We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline: Friday, 24th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.