Job Title: Field Worker (Lending) – MRC/UVRI Jobs 2021
Organization: Medical Research Council (MRC UK) /UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Kyamulibwa, Uganda
Reports to: Project Team Leader
Position Code: FW-921
Medical Research Council Profile
The Medical Research Council (MRC UK) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between
The job holder is to actively participate in the recruitment of young migrants (14-24 years) into the Lending A hand study intervention under the supervision of the designated Project team leader and/or project leader.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Undertake mobilization for studies;
- Undertake data collection in consultation with the Project team leader and Project leader, as appropriate;
- Contribute to management of data, including receiving telephone calls, checking, logging and data entry and archiving of scripts (where appropriate);
- Undertake preliminary data analysis in consultation with the Project team leader and Project leader;
- Participate in the dissemination of results at the local and national level, including to study participants; and,
- Work in close collaboration with external researchers/staff from other programmes, as may be appropriate.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree Social sciences or related;
- Certificate in health education/health promotion is an added advantage;
- Should possess experience in community mobilisation and sensitization;
- Should possess experience in mobilisation and community engagement for research;
- Experience working in clinical and research setting on a study working with young migrants (14-24 years);
- Should have experience of working in Kyamulibwa and/ or Lukaya and surrounding areas conducting similar activities;
- Computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Access & Power point;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to communicate in the local language of study area (Luganda).
How To Apply for MRC/UVRI jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24th September 2021 at 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.