Job Title: Administrative Assistant – AMBSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO)
Job Location: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) Profile:
Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) www.ambso.org is a ‘Private Not for profit (PNFP) organization working in partnership with Uro Care Hospital, with its Head offices at Nansana, along Hoima Road and satellite offices in Hoima and Masaka. AMBSO conducts a wide range of activities of public health interest including clinical research, community-based health surveillance research; programs for health care service delivery and capacity building among health care workers and community health workers.
With funding from Gilead Sciences Inc. and in collaboration with MUJHU care limited, AMBSO will participate in a six year multi-site PURPOSE 1 study that is aimed at evaluating the efficacy of Lenacapavir (LEN) and Emitricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide (F/TAF) in preventing HIV transmission among adolescent girls and young women (AGYWs) at high risk of acquiring HIV infection. AMBSO is seeking for qualified, committed and reliable professionals to work at its Masaka and Hoima research sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with AMBSO rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the Common Services administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
- Preparing and organizing meetings for the administration staff.
- Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, when required taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of the office briefing and presentation materials, background information and documentation for meetings with new arrivals.
- Ensuring that the facility / office premises are clean each working day and occasionally
- Ensure offices are locked up and AMBSO property is secure at the end of each day.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times during and after duty.
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
- Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions.
- Administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops, retreats taking place in AMBSO premises.
- Assistance in arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Custodian for management of office stationery and other office supplies including maintenance of stock list, distribution of stock items as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to management.
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance and utilities.
- Participation in the training for the operations staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art’s, social sciences and social work and social administration or business administration/business studies or Bachelor of Management Sciences from a recognized institution/University
- Records and information management
- Public relations and customer care
- Concern for quality and standards
- Remarkable communication and time management skills
How To Apply for AMBSO Uganda Jobs 2021
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to: Uro Care-AMBSO office-Nansana (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building, Nakuule Zone). Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org. (PDF file only). Please clearly
indicate the Research site that you are applying for (either Masaka or Hoima)
Deadline: 15 October 2021at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.